Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

advice please, should I find a new dr?

Posted by David B on 10/16/03 at 17:28 (134166)

Its been 3 weeks with no relief one bit for my 2nd ESWT treatment, Im begining to wonder about my doctor. I have heard good reports about this other doctor that I never been to, I was wanting advice if I should seek another doctor and see what he says. I would like a doctor to do a MRI or a xray to make sure I do have PF or is it something else. Do you drs have a doctor you recommend in the missouri area, prefer someone in the columbia or jefferson city area.

Re: advice please, should I find a new dr?

Dr. Z on 10/19/03 at 01:44 (134651)

You mean to say you had eswt without any x-ray. Time to check out a new doctor

Re: advice please, should I find a new dr? found new dr

David B on 10/20/03 at 17:23 (134752)

I just got off the phone with a new doctor, I told his nurse I was not too happy with my current doctor, she like you dr z could not believe my current doctor never did an xray or a MRI. I told her I was not much in favor of having surgery cause I can not afford to be off for a long period of time. She told me that there is some new surgery (can't remember the name of it) that you only have to be off work a couple of weeks. Do you know what type of surgery she is talking about and what is your opionion of that procedure. I wish DR Z you lived close to me so you could be my doctor. Thanks for your help.
David

AaronC on 10/20/03 at 22:20 (134784)

David:
Follow the money. Look at the advertisers on this site. They are leading you to spend big bucks on ESWT which is a way to agitate the plantar fascia in order to get it to heal. You can accomplish that at a fraction of the price with Active Release Techniques.
Aaron

Dr. Z on 10/20/03 at 22:23 (134785)

What does Active Release Cost?

HilaryG on 10/21/03 at 08:09 (134799)

Dr.Z, The cost of ART varies depending on the provider. My insurance pays for chiropractic treatment so i only pay my copay of $15 per 1/2 hr. treatment. If you don't have coverage my chiro charges $45 for 15 minutes and $75 for 1/2 hr. I have to have 1/2 hr.-- I think that's because I have PF in both feet. The number of sessions needed varies a lot. I had to have 6 or 7 treatments (1 treatment per week) before I had any improvement. I went once a week for about 12 wks and now I go every other week because I am so much better. I will space it out until I only have to go once in awhile. The chiro says I will probably always have to have at least a few treatments a yr because my feet are extremely flat. But most people can stop completely. Hope this is clear. If not feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try to answer. All I really know is my own experience (and that of my partner who also has PF and has been helped by ART) . Hilary

Re: advice please, should I find a new dr?

Tony G on 10/29/03 at 07:47 (135924)

I also have had five sonocur treatments without x-rays being taken.

Rick B on 11/22/03 at 22:58 (138417)

Hilary,

I don't know anything about ART, other than gathering from your comments that it is a therapy typically practiced by chiropractors. What's the theory and practice of ART?

Thanks,

Rick B

HilaryG on 11/23/03 at 07:43 (138442)

Rick, I am not an expert on ArT. I am just a very satisfied patient. To learn more about ART I would recommend the following websites drabelson.com and activerelease.com. Hilary