Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2 different diagnosis

Posted by Speranza on 10/16/03 at 18:10 (134178)

Hello,

I am confused on my situation. I have experienced inner ankle pain near the tarsal tunnel area for about 2 months now. The first poditrist diagnosed me as having an inflamed nerve in the tarsal tunnel area. I have tried everything he told me such as HEAT, 25 mg of vioxx with no relief, orthotics, rest for 10 days. He wants to try ultrasound next, and then cortisone injection , but says it is risky in this area. I was not satisfied with this podiatrist , so the SECOND podiatrist looked me over and dignosed me as having tendonitis/tenosynovitis. He wanted to do a cortisone injection immediatley and says the needle will not cut the nerves in this area. I AM CONFUSED, BECAUSE I HAVE 2 DIFFERENT DIAGNOSIS'
AND 1 DOCTOR IS CONSERVATIVE AND THE OTHER SAYS I HAVE TENDONITIS. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANK YOU

Re: 2 different diagnosis

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/16/03 at 21:30 (134213)

Speranza:
We have not examined your foot so we cannot say who is right but the second podiatrist appears to be closer to beingon target based on what you have posted so far.
Ed