Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Peter

Posted by wendyn on 10/16/03 at 20:13 (134197)

Peter - I notice that you have not posted in the 'other' board. At least not recently.

The social/support board is for the friendly day to day 'feel good' stuff that may not be to your liking.

Either go to the other board to start fights, or find somewhere else to go.

I will just delete anything else you try to start on this board, since your only purpose on this board seems to be causing arguments. This (the arguing and picking) is fine on the 'other' board. It is not fine here.

If you are unclear - feel free to email me.

Re: To Peter

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/16/03 at 20:56 (134208)

With all due respect, the 'other' board is not the 'fight' board. It is the board where current events and politics can be discussed -- with civility and respect. I will leave the editing of this board to you and Judy. I will restrict my editing to 3 boards on the site only -- the 'other' board, as I feel some responsibility for that; the ESWT board because my efforts have been to invite back researchers such as Rompe and the 'doctors' board since I want posters, that is, patients in pain to be protected from flamers (we have had one or two in the last week).

Irrespective of where one is posting, I look forward to the free expression of ideas but not personal insults and bickering -- that never contributes to any portion of this website. It is always my preference to see one of us try to 'referee' what appears to be a disagreement going bad, if we can do so in a timely fashion -- that can be difficult at times.

I had suggested that, perhaps, a header be included above so that newbies here understand the rules pertaining to the content of this board.

wendyn on 10/16/03 at 21:51 (134216)

Ed - I don't really disagree with anything you've said...I would only argue that the 'Be nice' rule is clearly relaxed on the Other board. That board was added for the fundamental reason that many people feel that they want a place to have discussions where they can express themselves freely. I have no issue with that at all.

The social/support board is clearly not the place for posts that are meant to inflame or irritate. Since there is a board where the rules are more relaxed, I think it's fair to enforce the 'Be nice' rule here.

I cannot edit the board from work, and I simply don't have time to read the board there either. Unfortunately, I cannot promise to do much of anything in a timely fashion.

I have no problem with Scott posting a header for newbies, but it is not the newbies who are generally causing the problem.

PETER R on 10/17/03 at 07:20 (134261)

TO: wendyne- I bet you love the position of being a censor- It gives you the power you obviously lack in your real life.

john h on 10/17/03 at 09:23 (134275)

No! Wendy do not recommend anyone to come to the Other Board to start fights. Really not any big time fights going on there.

monte on 10/17/03 at 10:27 (134293)

John and Wendy

Do not worry...this issue is already over as far as I am concerned. People have their own opinions and that is fine...I have to respect that.

JudyS on 10/17/03 at 11:04 (134307)

Monte - how are you anyway? It's good to 'see' you:)

JudyS on 10/17/03 at 11:12 (134308)

Ed, I see that you, again, are instructing us (you will have Wendy and I moderate the ss board while you do others).
Again I have to ask, are you in charge here? No, I'm not being cynical at all - I just want to know because you seem to be directing things on several boards.
Are you, by chance, going to buy this website from Scott?

P.S. Wendy is right, the 'other' board, according to Scott, was meant to contain subjects that, by their nature, could contain sensitive words. Last week Scott said to me that the 'other' board was one that could contain 'meanness' if you will. If I recall correctly, you told us that Scott didn't really know what he was saying.
I don't want meanness any more than you do on any site, but, in fact, the 'other' board was created specifically to be more relaxed in that manner. If the political discussions had never been without rancor, there wouldn't have been a need to create the 'other' board.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/17/03 at 18:28 (134434)

Take a look at the political discussions over the last week, until today. They have been without rancor. Many people enjoy such discussions.
For some reason, others do not and insist on turning those discussions into heated arguments -- that has been the problem.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/17/03 at 18:29 (134435)

You may have spoken too soon.

JudyS on 10/17/03 at 18:51 (134439)

Ed, they did not turn 'rancorous' today until someone questioned you. That did not develop as a result of a political discussion but rather as your new role of moderator.

I think it appropriate to discontinue this discussion on this board.