Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2 week post op check

Posted by Lari S. on 10/16/03 at 22:46 (134225)

Well, haven't had a chance to post lately. Had trouble keeping an internet connection, so got very frustrated. I think there may be too many phone lines on this circuit. (My normal line only has the modem hooked up, but can't keep the foot up in the computer room.)

Went to the Dr. today. Still have a slight infection and blood seepage. Fairly typical for diabetics - slow to heal. He gave me a shot of antibiotics, then pulled the skin together better with sticky stuff and tape. No boot again today, just keep the foot up and make 'A, B, C's' with my foot. I go back on Tuesday for another check and hope to get the stitches out then. IF they come out, I will get a boot so I can start putting limited weight on the foot. I start PT on October 28th. I am REALLY looking forward to being able to get up!!!
Lari

Re: 2 week post op check

Dorothy on 10/16/03 at 22:59 (134229)

Lari S. ~ Here's a big cheer for you to knock that infection OUT!! I'm glad you posted because I was wondering how you were doing. I hope every day brings more improvement.

Lari S. on 10/17/03 at 11:00 (134302)

Thaqnks Dorothy. I was hoping for better news as I've been taking antibiotics since before the surgery. Oh well, maybe I'll be ready on Tuesday. I keep telling myself that it has only been 2 weeks and he did say 2-3 weeks off my feet. I'm very pleased that I'm only taking Vicodin at night now and finally sleeping until morning. The pain is now just occasional 'fireworks' which are bearable. Other than that, the foot feels so much better than it did before the surgery. I can actually sleep with covers touching the foot which was impossible for the last year. The swelling has gone away completely. The Dr. says that scar tissue will be the main issue to address and has ordered PT with ultrasound 3 times a week.

Lari

marie on 10/17/03 at 19:00 (134441)

I'm so glad you're sleeping at night now. I didn't realize how little I was sleeping until I finally started sleeping through the night. Wow what a difference that made. I immediately began to feel like myself agian, you know human, after a few good nights of sleep. Just remember it took years to get tts and it will take a long time to heal. That probably isn't much comfort to you right now. Keep us informed.

I'm not always able to respond much during the week days but I would like to know how you're doing. I try to catch up in the evening.....my alot goes on during the day.

best wishes marie