Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS surgery and incision

Posted by Melissa on 10/17/03 at 12:54 (134339)

Hi, I had a rupture of platar fascia in 6/03 and now have TTS due to the scar tissue from the tear (confirmed on EMG). I am scheduled for TTS decompression on 11/5/03 and my physcian states he is going to do as minimal incision as possible. Typicaly how long is the incision??

Re: TTS surgery and incision

Lari S. on 10/17/03 at 23:26 (134500)

I think the length is very individual. Did your doctor give you any idea? It might be worth asking him directly. Mine is about a 5 inch arc, but I had a lot done. I've met another person who had the surgery 3 years ago and hers is about 3 inches.
Wishing you the very best,
Lari

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/18/03 at 13:25 (134568)

Melissa:
The techniques for this procedure vary widely so asking your doc is the best bet.
Ed

Melissa on 10/18/03 at 21:19 (134637)

Thanks for the info. I have done my homework and am planning on following doctor's orders. I was pushing myself through the pain when I ruptured in the first place-I have had PF for five years and I had my last steriod injection 2 weeks before it ruptured. I was told that the steroid injection probably caused the rupture. After the rupture I started weight bearing (in pain) 1 day after in my tibial walker (boot)....big mistake...I think the scar tissue caused the TTS. My heal was going numb and tingling within 3 weeks after the rupture. I have been told there is a 60% success rate, but most people who have a case like mine do get relief. At this time even cleaning the house causes much pain for a week. I haven't been able to do aerobics since the day I hurt my foot. I have been told I will be in a cast non weightbearing for 3 weeks after the surgery to rest the foot. I'm sure that will give me plenty of time to be on the message boards!
thanks for the information...