Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Pauline on 10/17/03 at 18:55 (134440)

Imprimis is a monthly newsletter from Hillsdale college. A college that takes NO Government money.

It's excellent and if your not reading it I suggest you become a subcriber it's free. Not sure if it's available on line, but here is the College's web site. http://www.hillsdale.edu

This months issue contains an article adopted from a lecture at the college entitled 'The History, Purpose and Propriety of U.S. Intelligence Activities'

A very interesting read as it is each and every month.

I'm posting this here because I'm not quite sure what topics would NOW be appropiate for a board call 'Oh Ed' With it's new name, I personally think it's demeaning not only to this site, and it's readers, but to those that looked forward to posting in earnest on that board.

Re: Imprimis

marie on 10/17/03 at 19:28 (134443)

Thanks Pauline,

I signed up for it. I have had alot of students go to Hillsdale. They have only had good things to say about it. Actually I'd like my youngest son, he's a junior, to take a closer look at the college.

P.S. I'm all confused too. But I'm still treating the other board as 'other'.

best wishes marie

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/17/03 at 19:37 (134446)

That was a poltical post on the social board. I guess that is okay since there is no longer an 'other' board. I do subscribe to Imprimis -- it is excellent.

Pauline on 10/17/03 at 19:39 (134447)

It's a great college. If you haven't visited the campus you should. They have great connections to other Universities.

In today's world, maybe the only campus that treats you like a person instead of a number.

Re: Imprimis, more important info.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/17/03 at 19:43 (134448)

I guess that it is back to the social board since there is no longer an 'other' board for politics:

If Terrorists Win, America & The Free World Lose!

By Gordon Bishop on 10/17/03
Printer friendly version

The liberal Left is demanding that President Bush get the U.S. military out of Iraq. Now.

The liberal media and the liberal politicians are comparing today's World War III battle between fanatical Arab terrorists and America and the free world, to the Vietnam War, which the United States lost because it left before the enemy (Communism) was destroyed.

If liberals have their way, America and its allies might as well step aside and allow the terrorists to continue their reign of terror wherever they want, including the USA.

America already has been hit twice by terrorism. The first was in February 1993 at one of the World Trade Center towers, and the second on 9/11/01, blowing up both towers, one side of the Pentagon, and a jet plane that crashed in a field in Pennsylvania on its way to taking out either the national Capitol building, or the White House.

The total death toll:around 3,000 innocent people, victims of Islamic hate.

America retaliated by routing the Taliban (Al-Qaida) terrorists in Afghanistan in a three-week attack, and taking over Baghdad, the Capital of Iraq, in a three-week attack.

The liberation of these two countries will take some time, as did the reconstruction of Germany and Japan after World War II, which required a more than seven-year timetable at a cost of billions of dollars.

One big difference is that Iraq has enough oil in the ground to pay for both the war and the restoration of that once murderous, dictatorial regime.

So far, America is on the winning side of this global war, a maniacal war with far more socioeconomic and cultural repercussions than both World Wars I and II.

World War III is the 21st Century 'war of wars,' pitting 1.6 billion Christians and Jews against 1.3 billion Muslims worldwide.

Unlike the Old and New Testaments that imbued Western Civilization with a Judeo-Christian ethic, starting with the 10 Commandments given to Moses from God, the bible of Islam is the Koran, put together by the 'prophet' Mohammad for Allah (his God).

The huge difference between the Koran and the Old and New Testaments is that the Koran declares war on all Christians Jews. In fact, the Koran explicitly says if a Muslim cannot convert a Christian or Jew to Islam, 'kill them.'

And that's exactly what the fundamentalist Muslims are doing in Israel, America, and throughout the Christian countries where the Judeo and Christian faith are practiced.

This is not a war about one dictatorial power trying to take over another dictatorial power for the resources and other 'spoils of war.' This is a spiritual war where either the terrorists win, or the civilized world wins.

Liberals are essentially secularists, separating religion from the state (government). In so doing, liberals are undoing the basic foundation of America: The right to practice one's own religious beliefs under the U.S. Constitution.

Our founding fathers were against a 'national religion,' which is what Great Britain did (the Anglican church) under the rule of Kings and Queens.

Instead, the founding fathers put in place a Constitutional Republic where people could believe in their own religions, freely and publicly.

The liberal secularists are doing everything they can to do confuse the distinction between a 'national religion' imposed by government, and the right of free people to believe in their own religions.

What the liberals are doing is what Karl Marx wanted to impose on all nation states: A godless, classless society where 'everyone was equal' through the redistribution of wealth.

The Soviet Union, Cuba and other tyrannical countries adopted Marxism, creating 'Communist' nations that have failed, economically and spiritually.

Marx and Communism never really perished. The liberals have kept it alive for their own politically destructive purposes.

President Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II were the world leaders who brought down the Soviet Union and the Berlin Wall.

President George W. Bush is leading the charge in World War II to bring down the Taliban and the mass murderer Saddam Hussein and his two sicko sons, who were shot to death in a losing gun fight with American troops.

Let not liberalism do to America what Marxism did to the Communist world no freedom, no liberty, no opportunity for the people.
Click here to send feedback to the author

Gordon Bishop is a national award-winning author, historian
Sign up for the American Daily newsletter. Free American Flag decals with subscription! Click here for more details and pictures.

Copyright 2003 American Daily unless otherwise noted.
Views are those of individual authors and not necessarily those of American Daily.

Home (PIPE) About (PIPE) Columnists (PIPE) Links (PIPE) Page Two (PIPE) Newsletter
(email removed)

Re: Imprimis, more important info.

marie on 10/17/03 at 19:45 (134450)

Ed, That's a far left view!

Pauline on 10/17/03 at 19:47 (134451)

I intended my post as to be strictly informational Ed. To inform others about reading material I don't find political.