Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by marie on 10/18/03 at 07:39 (134511)

Please consider changing the 'oh ed' title on the other board to something else. It is your site and you may do as you wish with it but the other board has been a very enjoyable place and no fighting....even though you gave us permission to be meany heads there. I realize this crap is getting old but it's only a few who have been complaining. Both boards have run very well since the splits. The only misbahavior has been between Monte and Peter who where over their squabble long before the moderators were. Politics is not the problem on the board and never has been. The problem is the constant criticism of each of each other. Some specific guidelines would be nice for all the boards. i am not emailing you or anyone else about this subject as the emailing behind the scenes is causing more stir than help. I want everyone to know exactly how I feel. I had to agree to an entire list of guidelines before I could sign up at the turtle forum I visit.....and there's not alot to argue about turtles. Of course mine are the cutest.

Please consider a simple protocal for moderators. I don't feel it's appropriate for them to openly cricize each other on the board. In fact it is very counterproductive. Also consider reassigning moderators and keep their identity seceret.

Moderators please feel free to delete this message if you feel it offensive. I have no problem with the decisions you make.

respectfully marie

Re: ScottR

Scott R on 10/18/03 at 08:00 (134513)

I did not mean it as an insult to Ed, but I was just trying to get everyone to acknowledge that these women are in love with Ed or else they would not respond to his posts and hound him so much. Seriously, can anyone point out any inappropriate Ed has ever made? Anyway my new moderator rules should prevent anyone from needing to e-mail me anymore about this anymore. Also I may give new comers access to deletion since they are an important group and it's not good to let the board be consumed by old-timers attitudes.

marie on 10/18/03 at 08:11 (134516)

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your willingness to make compromises. It's not easy to be the one who makes all the decisions.

sincerely, marie

nancy s. on 10/18/03 at 08:38 (134518)

yes, scott, i could. and have. but you didn't have time to consider them at the time, and i'm tired of it, so i'm going to work and then later to a mexican party. bye now!

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/18/03 at 11:12 (134548)

I never thought about it that way. Do you think they really love me? ;)

I let things run on yesterday, in part, because I did not want to take the role of an agressive moderator, in part (and maybe selfishly) because I wanted to show the ridiculousness of the attack string on the 'other' board.

I think it is now obvious to me that being aggressive as a moderator is really okay. My rule, if you think it is proper, will be very simple -- say what you want about anything (no limit to content) but if you engage in personal attacks against another poster, you will be deleted.

John H on 10/18/03 at 12:38 (134564)

Pretty good post Marie. Comparied to some post the past 2 days this is a jewel. Could not imagine why anyone would want to delet this post. I am totally lost as to the current behavior of some of our people. If your kids came home acting like this you at least give them a 'time out'. I had my very post ever deleted today so pile on if you wish. At least there is some common sense prevailing on the PF board for treatments.

Dr. Z on 10/18/03 at 14:03 (134588)

I want woman to love me like they love Ed. Ed what you secret.? ha ha

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/18/03 at 14:12 (134590)

Dr. Z:
Women love men with backbone. Now, Scott, they can push around too much -- just a few emails and he will change his mind again ;)