Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Man, I have no idea what's going on here!

Posted by Kathy G on 10/18/03 at 10:14 (134525)

I've been limiting the amount of time I use my computer due to an arthritis outbreak in my hands but I did check the Boards yesterday. When I came on today, I see that the 'Other' board is now 'Misc.' There are also more posts about some further controversy. I have no clue what's transpired but you know what? I don't care! If I wanted to listen to people bait and attack each other, I'd attend all the political functions that are currently going on in NH, pre-primary. No, I take that back. The people who take part in those forums play fair. Maybe I'd hang out on a middle-school playground.

Ed, you apparently had an unhappy childhood and were bullied a great deal. Now that you're an 'adult' (note that I use quotation marks), you seem to feel it necessary to attack anyone who differs with you on any subject, be it feet, politics or social. It's a safe thing to do; you're on the internet, somwhat anonymous. I doubt very much that you behave this way in person. You remind me of the playground bully who has a group of followers who are so intimidated by his actions that they decide to join him, for fear that they'll be his next victims if they don't.

Peter, you just enjoy baiting people and waiting to see how they react to your outrageous statements. Unlike Ed, you occasionally show humor, albeit humor through ridicule. Your motivations are easily read. If this is how you get your kicks, so be it. I don't take anything you say seriously because I don't think you mean it to be taken that way. You're just setting us up and unfortunately, you are often successful.

You two are the most obvious in your attempt to make these boards your personal boards, limiting discussion to whatever you deem appropriate. Others seem to share your views. Who knows what your real motives are? Who really cares?

I'm tired of it all. Really, this was such a nice site and I just don't understand why the 'Other' Board didn't meet Ed's purposes. It seemed a perfect place for any discussion that was controversial. I, too, enjoy a good discussion but as I've said, ad nauseum, I don't come to these Boards for that purpose. I kind of looked at the Social Boards as a place for a quick, drop-in visit. It was pretty neat. It gave me a whole group of friends from all over the world with whom I had one thing in common: sore feet. Then we discovered all these other subjects we could discuss and it was fascinating. Yup, Ed, fascinating to find out about life in Canada, England, Louisiana, Kentucky, etc. Places I probably won't ever visit and if I do, I'd never get to talk to a person who lives there in such a personal way. I'm one of the few Northerners here and I really enjoyed it.

I suspect that the Board will continue for a while longer until Scott gets disgusted and just pulls down the Social and Other or Misc. Board for good. I hope you'll be able to find another site you can wreck, Ed.

That's it for now. I choose not to waste my energy on becoming angry, and as Nancy said, there are so many more important things in life and so many things to be enjoyed. This is something that I no longer enjoy and I haven't for a while now.

I will continue to monitor the Treatment Boards as I still think they serve a purpose but I suspect that my posts to these boards will be few and far between. :)>-

Re: selective attacks

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/18/03 at 10:39 (134534)

Your post here is illustrative of what has caused conflict on this board -- personal attacks. You assess blame and attack only two people in your post, Peter and myself. That makes you part of the problem. Come and go as you wish, but leave the personal attacks out of it.