Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

deletion rule, ScottR

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 10/18/03 at 11:21 (134550)

Here is what I am going to do on the three boards which I have volunteered to moderate on. Yesterday, I held back on deletions because I did not want to be viewed as an agressive or unfair moderator and, in part, (perhaps for selfish reasons) I wanted to let the 'attack' sting go on to prove that it was ridiculous and unfruitful.

I don't think that it is wrong to be an agressive moderator and until ScottR says 'no' I will do the following:

Anyone can speak freely about anything they please, any subject, any political orientation and so on BUT NO PERSONAL ATTACKS AGAINST ANOTHER POSTER AND NO MORE ARGUMENTS OVER THE CURRENT STRUCTURE/COMPROMISE ON THE BOARDS. I will delete that type of material. Period.
Ed

Re: deletion rule, ScottR

nancy s. on 10/18/03 at 11:37 (134555)

may i make a suggestion? anyone who feels that he or she might have posts deleted because of what that person believes to be moderator bias should copy and save their own posts. i suggest this to every single person here who fears this might happen and no matter which moderator might be involved.

nancy

Re: To Nancy deletion rule, ScottR

Pauline on 10/18/03 at 12:44 (134566)

Nancy,
No need to live in fear, people should just make an announcement when their post is deleted so we can track how many bite the dust.

Post deleting could become an olympic sport someday, with people having gotten their start right here on heelspurs.

The event could consist of singles and doubles matches. I speak from experience it ain't so bad having your post deleted. You don't bleed or anything and can easily continue to lead a normal life.

Scott R on 10/18/03 at 13:14 (134567)

i don't delete pauline's posts because she's such a hot babe...i know that when i'm done, all the old-timers will be gone (thank god) and only she and john will be left to entertain all the new folks who have been run off by these childish old-timers who have nothing better to do than socialize with ascii text instead of real human beings. pauline's rich and john's retired, so they have excuses....the rest are just pathetic

John H on 10/18/03 at 13:37 (134574)

Scott: My feet still hurt. I am retired not once but twice and continue to work. Pauline and I have this love/hate relationship that cannot end. My feet hurt.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/18/03 at 13:47 (134578)

John:
See my post on the 'treatments' board. Take a day trip to see Richard, CPed -- you will be glad you did.
Ed

nancy s. on 10/18/03 at 13:50 (134580)

john, my feet hurt too. that's why i'm still here! (painful feet and painful shoulders and painful tendons in general, actually.) but if ultimately you and pauline are the only ones who stick around, i suspect you two will be plenty of entertainment and support for newcomers.

nancy

Dr. Z on 10/18/03 at 13:53 (134584)

Scott,
I have been trying to meet Pauline since I first started on heelspurs.com
She turned me down. Just the name Pauline is sexy. I love woman that speak what's on their mind.

nancy s. on 10/18/03 at 13:59 (134586)

i thought so, dr z.

pauline, it's time you put your picture up in the hs.com addictees gallery here. these men are crying out for it.

and it's time for everyone to look at those pictures and remember that we're all human beings here. i'm going to take another look right now.

nancy

John H on 10/18/03 at 21:20 (134638)

Go back to treating feet Dr. Z and stop day dreaming.

Dr. Z on 10/18/03 at 23:56 (134644)

Can't help it the wife is away for the month. Goes to France to study French

john h on 10/20/03 at 09:22 (134725)

Dr Z I also went to France to study French.