Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

So now what?

Posted by marie on 10/18/03 at 18:19 (134627)

I will miss all the fun times at heelspurs....because it was fun for me politics, current events, baseball, weddings, photos and sometimes an overwelming love from folks and doctors who are dear to me and who gave me the strength to get well. I will continue to visit and encourage all those in need of a little boost. I am sad but I WILL HEAL. I know that because that has been the greatest gift I got from this place, the small town of 'Heelspurs'. A special thanks to Scott for providing this opportunity to meet the best and the brightest folks and doctor's (conservative, liberal, and centered) around, THAT'S ALL OF YOU.

Now please feel free to delete this message if you feel it insulting or mean or against the rules.

best wishes marie

Re: So now what?

John H on 10/18/03 at 18:42 (134629)

Marie you are a stand up lady. Get well and stay near.

Lari S. on 10/19/03 at 19:22 (134691)

I agree with Marie. Thanks to everyone that provided information, support and concern. I'm just sorry I found this site so late that I didn't get to know you all better via shared ideas, info, life events, etc. It seems that that exchange is now a thing of the past. Take care all of you, and I wish each and every one of you the very best.

Goodbye and take care,

Suzanne D. on 10/19/03 at 19:33 (134694)

It was a pleasure to 'meet' new people and make friends here as I learned what to do to help my poor, hurting feet. The comraderie shared among others who understood my pain was quite encouraging. I have tried to give some of that back to others in return.

As Marie said, it's been like a community. Change is inevitable in life even though we may not like it. But I am sorry that so much hurt has come with the changes here.

As is the case with hurting feet, healing CAN occur in damaged relationships. It takes time and patience and care. I am willing to stick around and help anyone if I can with their hurting feet. I can at least give them a smile and some understanding.

Take care, everyone who reads this message. May your feet feel better and your heart be lighter tomorrow.

Suzanne :)

wendyn on 10/19/03 at 20:07 (134700)

Suzanne - how are your feet? Mine are not so good lately. I bought some semi-stylish shoes today; Josef Seibel (may not be spelled right). Hopefully they will not squash my bunions as much as my other shoes.

Suzanne D. on 10/19/03 at 20:29 (134707)

Mine have not been so good lately either, Wendy. We were out on a 2-week fall break and went back to school this past week. I think that was part of the reason; every time I'm out of school for awhile, it seems to take some time for my feet to get used to those hard concrete floors again.

I remember reading some posts about Josef Seibel shoes; I think Judy has mentioned wearing them. I hope they work well for you.

Take care,

marie on 10/19/03 at 20:39 (134709)

It seems that we all have had hurting footsies lately. Hope this week is better for everyone.

Suzanne D. on 10/19/03 at 20:49 (134712)

Me, too, Marie. Last week was tiring. (:(PIPE)

But this is a new week! So we'll hope for better times ahead.

marie on 10/19/03 at 20:53 (134714)

Stop in every now and then. The way things change around here we could end up with a solution that's better then this. Hope to hear from you on the TTS board.

wendyn on 10/19/03 at 22:55 (134716)

I think my increase in pain is somewhat stress related. I am taking 85 hours of courses this semester along with working full time. I'm taking one 40 hour course, one 15 hour course, and one 30 hour course. Unfortunately, all three overlap over last week and next week. This is in addition to MAJOR stress at work; a project team from hell, and I read in the paper this weekend that our CEO was just fired.

Hopefully my retail therapy today will help, and I don't even like shopping. If I don't feel good, at least I might still look good!

Suzanne D. on 10/20/03 at 20:30 (134765)

I like that, Wendy: 'retail therapy'! :D Nice term for shopping! What did you buy?

I'm not sure how your credit hours compare to colleges here, but I do know that your load sounds heavy!

Hang in there. I'm betting you will come out on top.

JudyS on 10/21/03 at 22:16 (134927)

Wendy - Suzanne's right - I came to rely on Josef Seibel and still do. They seem to be the right thing for my foot stuff. And I like most of them too!

wendyn on 10/21/03 at 22:23 (134929)

Judy - they seemed to work pretty well. I think that I will manage with them.

The biggest thing that concerns me with my feet right now is the fact that I am rather suddenly developing a bunion on the top of my left foot.

I've always had trouble with the right foot, but never the left (as far as bunions).

This bunion is actually more like two big bumps. God, my feet are going to be something else another 20 years from now.