Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

5 months post ESWT

Posted by normal person who has a life! on 10/19/03 at 19:09 (134688)

Hi. I had ESWT on May 14. My left foot was better but, still a good amount of insertional pain ALL the time (worse in the am) and my right was about 90% pain free. So I am scheduled to have a 2nd ESWT on November 5. Now for about the last month, my right foot actually hurts more than my left! I stetch, use the jacuzzi, still limit my walking and only ride a stationary bike for exercise. I was a competitive runner before all this.
I also just got new orthotics again to see if that helps (while the heel in the orthotic is softer and feels better there is not much change to my PF)The only thing I did one day was wear a pair of Doc Marten shoes to work. Oh yeah, taping does not really help either.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me and answers as to why this happened?

Re: 5 months post ESWT

Dr. Z on 10/19/03 at 19:31 (134693)

This could be from too much stretching,the new orthosis etc. Without an examination difficult to determine what is doing on. Compensation from the bad foot to the good foot is another reason. See you ESWT physician now and have him examination you.