Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Mandy G. on 10/21/03 at 12:19 (134806)

I had Orthotripsy surgery 10/17/03 after years of pain, immobilization, injections, inserts, etc. I am a Flight Attendant and an on my feet alot! This procedure is fairly new so I don't know what to expect as far as recovery time, soarness and swelling. I was also told that I might have to have a second treatment...........is there much info on the recovery of this surgery?

Re: Orthotripsy

Dr. Z on 10/21/03 at 13:35 (134814)

It can take anywhere from a few weeks to up to six months for significant change in your original pain. There may be some up and down periods. IF you go to the ossatron web site there is a patient broshure for your type of ESWT that talks about healing and what to expect. Did you ESWT physician and or the ASC give you the post eswt ossatron instructions.?
The one year follow up with the ossatron showed a 81% sucess rate Good luck and give this procedure time . Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Mandy G. on 10/21/03 at 16:01 (134835)

My Doctor just said no heavy activity on the foot for the next 7-10 days and to come back to see him in 4 weeks. As I said the only other person that had this treatment that I talked to was back in the surgery center (she's a nurse) 3 days later! I will check out the web site you suggested because I did not receive any information.

dr ben pearl on 10/22/03 at 04:18 (134950)

If this was a high energy treatment I would also wait 6 months prior to considering a second procedure
to allow time for improvement and for potential insurarance issues