Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I need help for my Mom please.....

Posted by Lauren S. on 10/22/03 at 20:16 (135079)

Hello everyone:
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I'm requesting help from anyone for my mother whose suffering from tarsal-tunnel syndrome. I remember when i was younger, being able to walk miles with my mom, now i have to help her up the steps, walk with her to her car etc. it has ruined us all!! i love my mom dearly. her self esteem has taken a huge downfall, her weight has well increased due to the inablity to exercise properly. this all happened due to an auto accident 10 years ago!! the quack of a doctor mis diagnosed her and sent her to too many specilaists for the wrong things. i'm now 19. i have a ten year old brother who is really missing out on the fun things that i was able to do with mom, such as pumpkin picking for halloween, store shopping. she has orthodics but they are to no avail. thank you all for your help and support. good luck with you. Lauren S.- 19yrs PA

Re: I need help for my Mom please.....

JudyS on 10/22/03 at 20:35 (135083)

Lauren - first - good for you! Good for you for finding this site and wanting to help your mom. You must be a pretty special daughter.

I have no experience with TTS but many fine folks here who have will answer your questions about it - you'll really like them.

But what I do want to mention is that one of the great things you can do for your mother is......send her here! Most of us found this site because TTS or PF had taken us off our feet and we were making good use of our down time by searching the 'net for answers. So many folks here know exactly what your mom is experiencing - it'll boggle her mind and she'll make some sweet friends here.

marie on 10/22/03 at 20:47 (135084)

What a lucky mom to have you as her daughter. TTS can steal years away from someone's life. It's probably really tough on your brother. It's not easy having to do more chores and have less time for friends. I'm sure your mom is in pain and people in pain aren't always in the best moods. Sometimes life isn't fair. We all want our lives to be filled with loving memories. You, mom, and brother may have to make some new traditions for the holidays. Figure out what your mom can and cannot do. Ok so ya can't go to the pumpkin patch to pick out a hand picked pumpkin....a trip together to a grocery store with mom on a cart can be just as rewarding as long as you are together. Board games are fun...and they help get the mind off the pain. Picking out a favorite tv show and making time to all be there to watch it together is very rewarding. Mostly do the best you can. Get your rest. Chances are your mom isn't going to be going on long hikes in the woods for a while. Encourage her to exercise. Start with just a short walk around the yard....then twice...then once around the block. Let her do it at her pace. Keep coaching her even when she is tired and cranky.

What treatments is she receiving?

God bless you!

best wishes marie
the mom of two boys who walked by my side and found pleasure in the little things we did together.

wendyn on 10/22/03 at 22:50 (135096)

Lauren, is there any chance you can get your mom on this website?

Lari S. on 10/23/03 at 01:24 (135106)

I'm so sorry to hear what your mother and family have been going through. Has your mother seen a podictric or orthopedic surgeon? Has she had any nerve conduction testing done? If you read through some of the earlier postings on this site you can get a lot of good information, options of what others have ended up doing, and questions your mom may want to ask her doctor about.

Good luck to your mom and family. I hope she finds a good doctor that is familiar with TTS, etc., and one she feels she can work with. Foot pain really is hard to live with and affects all aspects of your life. I hope she gets some relief soon so she can enjoy life again.
Best wishes,

Re: Lauren, how are you?

marie on 10/24/03 at 21:40 (135404)

I normally wouldn't post this on this board, but I brought you a pumpkin patch. Somewhere in these photos is a pumpkin patch. Please share it with your mom and brother.

Hope you and your family are doing well!

best wishes marie

Re: Lauren, how are you?

Lauren S on 10/24/03 at 22:26 (135414)

Thank you Marie!! :) it means a lot to me to know that people care enough to read and reply.. thank you I will....
Thank You's also go out to:
:) JudyS
:) wendyn
:) Lari S.
:) marie
I'll keep in touch to let everyone know how we're coping.. good luck to everyone out there !! keep smiling , Lauren

Re: pumpkin patch

Lauren S on 10/24/03 at 22:37 (135417)

Marie that was so thoughtful of you... it reminds me of when i was younger. the other scenery is beautiful.. looks like lancaster Pa..or some quaint countryside...thanks again