Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spur surgery

Posted by Judy A. on 10/23/03 at 12:32 (135157)

I have had pain for two years. I've tried custom orthotics, icing, taping, injections, anti-inflamatories and now night splints with no relief. What would you suggest at this point? I've met with a podiatrist who does ESWT but said the percentage of success was 70%. I'm a little hesitant to surgery at this point because of the time away from work.

Re: Heel spur surgery

Dr. Z on 10/23/03 at 12:37 (135159)

Surgery has a much great risk for serious foot complications. Once you have foot surgery you can't turn the clock back. ESWT is more effective and much safer then Pf release We just had post from a podiatrist lawyer who specializes in foot malpractice. Tkae a look at the his posts with EPF plantar fascia surgery. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about ESWT and or pf foot surgery

Rick R on 10/23/03 at 16:10 (135184)

Judy,

What taping technique/s have you tried?

Rick

JudyS on 10/23/03 at 17:23 (135187)

Rick, I know I'm not the 'Judy' your question is directed at - but - my favorite is the Omega shape created by two strips.

Judy A. on 10/24/03 at 08:12 (135245)

I had a podiatrist tape it. He supported the arch and put two pieces of tape around the sides of my heels. I've had no success with anything so far and have been left feeling very discouraged and of course in pain. The doc I met with regarding ESWT was not someone I would care to see again. Any suggestions? Thanks

Rick R on 10/24/03 at 09:10 (135254)

Judy,

Try a search on my name and tape. I need to do something to better explain my method but perhaps you can get an idea.

Rick

Dr. Z on 10/24/03 at 12:17 (135309)

Hi Judy,

Where do you live. We can just fine you another ESWT doctor that you could see. ESWT is a much better option then any pf foot surgery. If you would like information about ESWT feel free to ask Dr. Z on this board

x

Judy A. on 10/24/03 at 12:50 (135327)

Thanks for answering. I live in Snyder, TX. It's between Abilene and Lubbock if that helps.
The doc I saw did little to explain the procedure. I have read about it online but would like to talk with someone who really cares to explain it. I am having back pain now but I believe it's because of the way I'm walking. I've had orthotics made two different ways. One in a standing position and one lying down. I'm not even sure which pair to wear. It seems every treatment for pf is different. Very frustrating!

Dr. Z on 10/26/03 at 13:19 (135637)

Hi,

E-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) and I will arrange for a telephone evaluaion to help answer any and all of your questoins if this is will help you out. footcare@comcast.net

carole f. on 3/26/04 at 07:12 (147803)

exactly what do i put in the search to find your method of taping ?