Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Irwin, AaronC, Phil C, and Mr. Pibb are also banned

Posted by Scott R on 10/24/03 at 07:39 (135237)

stop it now.

Re: Thank you!!!! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 10/24/03 at 07:45 (135239)

Re: I'm so sorry guys for my not waking up sooner and letting the damage to the message boards go on so long

Scott R on 10/24/03 at 07:50 (135240)

n

Re: What about.......

marie on 10/24/03 at 10:53 (135266)

Dr. Pepper, David Foster, Joeseph ?, Saul, Ultra Conservative? Are they all one person or several? I'm so confused.

Re: I'm so sorry guys for my not waking up sooner and letting the damage to the message boards go on so long

Kathy G on 10/24/03 at 10:55 (135267)

Scott,

You have created a wonderful website. While I'm sure it is a means of income for you, it also provides a wonderful public service by educating people afflicted with PF, TTS and assorted disorders.

It must be hard to see it being attacked by flamers and trolls. Hopefully, that will stop now. Thank you for taking the actions you've taken!

x

Re: ScottR

Kathy G on 10/24/03 at 10:57 (135268)

Wait a minute! My message is marked with an X! For the record, I've never posted under any name except Kathy G. Perhaps I'm on a list, Scott?

What gives?

x

Pauline on 10/24/03 at 11:09 (135272)

Marie,
Sometimes it gets to the point where it really doesn't matter, because I think we all know each other's posts well enough by now to tell the difference.

john h on 10/24/03 at 11:17 (135279)

Any public website will have it's share of people dropping in to make trouble and entertain themselves. We should never jump to conclusions it might be a particular person. Scott can look at an IP address but of course people can use public computers. Or best defense is not to respond to idiot post as this just brings on more responses and eventually you cannot delete fast enough.

Scott R on 10/24/03 at 11:23 (135280)

kathy, you're using a similar computer as the 'others'

nancy s. on 10/24/03 at 11:34 (135287)

kathy, don't let it deter you. we all know who you are!

nancy

marie on 10/24/03 at 14:16 (135347)

I'm not worried about who. You can't ever control this kind of thing...to many computers out there. I guess I was wandering how many or just one. I would never assume anything about anyone. Until ya know it's a fact ya just can't tell. There have been some flaming posts for a while now. Long before ....the you know what. Kinda weird. Oh well.....I am glad I gave up my web master duties.

Requiring someone to sign in and register helps deter this kind of activity. But even that is not without flaw. I remember when filtering software came out for schools and libraries. I told them that the kids would be around it in 48 hours. I was wrong....they did it in 7. I never understood why libraries refused it. There are sites one can go to click on a link and it turns filtering off. Hopefully there aren't any teens out there reading this.

Thanks for your response Pauline.

Abby on 10/24/03 at 14:48 (135355)

This message board is a joke. You jerks wouldn't know perfection if it bit you in the a--. Ed was perfection, there I mentioned his name, so there take that. Don't cry, I'm sure mommy will wipe away your tears. Abby is signing out of this mockery board. Toodles!!!!!

Suzanne D. on 10/24/03 at 15:19 (135356)

Right, Nancy!

I'm sure that did give you a funny feeling to see the 'x', Kathy. Hope you're having a good day with improvement in your hands and feet. For some reason my feet have been hurting more this week. I've caught myself rushing around a lot and trying to walk fast, and that usually makes me feel worse later.

Take care,
Suzanne :)

Re: Message about obscuring IP addresses

marie on 10/24/03 at 16:10 (135361)

http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/dont-obscure-your-dns-data.html

Re: Carole C, Kathy G., nancy s. are hereby banned from this board

beam me up scottie on 10/24/03 at 22:28 (135415)

haha

Re: Are the queens of flame kathy G and Carole C. on der fuhrer's blacklist?

the silent majority on 10/25/03 at 00:18 (135427)

Nicht?