Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Only for you nancy! First issue of Rolling Stone Magazine

Posted by marie on 10/24/03 at 22:36 (135416)

The first issue was November, 9, 1967
Volume 1 No. 1

See photos below!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3510de5c4f1

best wishes marie

Re: Only for you nancy! First issue of Rolling Stone Magazine

BrianG on 10/24/03 at 22:51 (135420)

Hi Marie,

I know this is for Nancy, but I do have 1 issue of Rolling Stone, 9-21-95. It's the Jerry Garcia Memorial issue. Another day the lights went out :( :( :(
I bought other issues along the way, but they got trashed. I think I mostly used to buy High Times though, hahahahaa!

BrianG

Re: Ok this post is for everyone who likes rock and roll

marie on 10/24/03 at 22:58 (135421)

Do you like the Grateful Dead? My husband photographed them when they had the couple...I think her name was Donna Gotshaw...don't know how to spell it. Her husband played the keyboard. They were part of the group for a short time after Pig Pin died. Anyways...he has some nice photos. There is an article about the Grateful Dead in the first Rolling Stone Issue. We also have the same one you have.....actually my husband has most from about oh....1980 on somewhere in our attic..

best wishes marie

nancy s. on 10/24/03 at 23:00 (135422)

'can you dig it' -- now there's some old jargon i remember. marie, thank you so much! these pics really took me back. i appreciate it.

nancy

nancy s. on 10/24/03 at 23:01 (135423)

now don't trash that one, brian. it will make you rich about 150 years from now.

nancy

Re: Remember Beatle cards?

Suzanne D. on 10/25/03 at 17:27 (135535)

When I was in the 6th grade, we were allowed to leave the school for lunch (Imagine that these days!). We could take our lunch and eat outside, eat in the lunchroom, walk home, or go across the road to a little place that sold sandwiches and Beatle cards! They came in a package with bubble gum, like baseball cards. I remember getting a few packages and trading with my friends.

I wonder what those cards would be worth now?!

Suzanne :)

marie on 10/25/03 at 17:47 (135539)

I remember those. I had a bunch of them. They were such cuties. Paul is still a cutie. Too bad for us he got married again.

Suzanne D. on 10/25/03 at 17:52 (135541)

I remember that all of us girls had our 'favorite'. Mine was Paul. We'd trade cards to have more of the one we liked best.

Suzanne :)

nancy s. on 10/25/03 at 17:52 (135542)

oh yes, suzanne. i had those and a ton of other beatle material and music. i cannot believe that i finally tossed out all the cards and posters and pics and other paper stuff when i got sick of moving it from apt. to apt. in my 20s. what an idiot.

nancy