Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I did the surgical deed!

Posted by Rochelle on 10/25/03 at 09:23 (135454)

I have been posting on here for a while about my PF probs. I have seen 4 docs about it too.

I finally got scheduled for surgery (eswt was out of the question). My regualar doc's wife was having a baby and my surgery date had been moved a few times so he reffered me to another doc and gave him my history, ect...

I had the surgery at 1pm yesterday...so far, not a prob yet. He put a fiberglass cast on my foot for 2 weeks (for my own good-I sometimes am a bit hardheaded and I probably would try to do something stupid). I am actually glad that he did it now. I have yet to feel major pain, I am just starting to feel a little bit around the incision. So, I just took a percoset to ward off any more pain...soon I will not feel anymore.

My foot is still numb tho-which I am not compaining about-my doc said that today my foot will wake up slowly...he also said that my fascia was real thick! (EWWW)

Just wanted to check in and let the docs on this board know what was up since they have been so wonderful to me in the last year or so and helping me get steered in the right direction!! THANKS DOCS!

I am on my way to happy feet!!
-Rochelle

Re: I did the surgical deed!

Pauline on 10/25/03 at 09:44 (135458)

Keep us posted. We all wish you a speedy recovery and pain free days ahead.

Rochelle on 10/25/03 at 10:01 (135460)

thanks pauline!!! I hope for the same!

Dr. Z on 10/25/03 at 11:21 (135472)

I wish you the best of sucess and a speedy healing. The cast is a very good idea for two weeks. Just please remember even if there is no pain give your foot the time it needs to rest and heal. Good us informed and as always ask any questions you may have