Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What I found out today about washing windows

Posted by Kathy G on 10/25/03 at 15:45 (135508)

Today was a perfect for working outside so I decided I'd wash the outside windows of our bedroom and our daughter's. I know I shouldn't have but it was so nice out and they are so dirty.

Since I have sore hands and a sore neck/shoulder, I bought squeegees. I put up a small ladder, climbed up, armed with all my gear, only to find out that, with PF, it hurts like blazes to stand on a ladder!

Being a good and dutiful PFer, I decided to do the inside windows instead. I started with my daugher's room. First, I managed to knock out one of the storms, which in my defense, did have something wrong with it. It's now sitting in her room because I can't put it back in. I did think I was pretty ingenious in the way I guarded my feet. I used the old shower stool that I find so helpful to reach things around the house, put a bed pillow on it and knelt upon it! That way, I only had to stand to do the top sash. Where there's a will there's a way!

The window in her room needs to be sprayed with WD40 each year and I couldn't find it. I was in no mood to search, so I grabbed a can of silicone spray and figured that would do the job, and I sprayed the window track.

Now I wasn't doing so well with the squeegees, so I decided to use a new window spray we recently bought. When I sprayed the inside storm window, it really looked awful. That's when I discovered that I had sprayed it with the silicone spray, not the window spray! The can looked very similar to the glass cleaner -- really, it did! Man, it was hard get that off of the glass. :'>

You'll be happy to know that I've just thrown the curtains in the washer but will absolutely ignore the voice that's telling me I can iron them and put them back up today. Who me a Type A personality? I put on my Floridas and have sat down to make my Fantasy Football picks but not before I shared this with the only people who can really appreciate it!

I never did get to the windows in our room. I guess I'll have to break ask my husband to do them. He won't notice they're dirty until it gets so bad we need lamps in the daytime! :D

Re: What I found out today about washing windows

Carole C in NOLA on 10/25/03 at 16:25 (135515)

Wow, Kathy, you really accomplished a lot! I like the idea of kneeling on a pillow on your shower stool, to do the windows.

Using silicone spray for window spray sounds like something I would do. :)

The windows in your room will be there to wash in the springtime, and your feet might be a lot better by then.

Carole C

Re: What I found out -- testing, sorry!

nancy s. on 10/25/03 at 16:44 (135524)

i get a syntax error message when i try to reply to a post on the treatments board. is it me, or are others having this problem? testing to see if this goes through on this board.

nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 10/25/03 at 16:51 (135527)

I haven't been having any trouble...... yet..... LOL

Carole C

Re: What I found out today about washing windows

Suzanne D. on 10/25/03 at 16:52 (135529)

Very ingenious of you, Kathy! And, yes, resist that impulse to hang the curtains tonight! :)

Glad you had a productive day. Have a restful evening!

Suzanne :)

marie on 10/25/03 at 17:45 (135538)

What's a syntax error.

nancy s. on 10/25/03 at 17:49 (135540)

i don't know, marie. that was about the only part of the error message in english. the rest was a lot of symbols, numbers, and gobbledygook. i guess that's computer syntax.

nancy