Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

playing ball on the beach

Posted by JudyS on 10/26/03 at 11:41 (135620)

yes, I did - played ball on the beach (Over The Line tournament) ALL day yesterday! Holy cow is that tough on the ankles and achilles! My Achillis were screaming at me in spasm after spasm last night. I was overwhelmed with, you guessed it, the old PF fear monster! (I also kept remembering Nancy's battle with Achille's tendonitis).
Went to dinner downtown, had tasty shrimp and tasty wine, woke up with a foggy head - and pain-free feet! :)

Re: playing ball on the beach

Julie on 10/26/03 at 12:03 (135621)

Judy, that's a good sign - when you do something that hurts and you think you've probably had a major setback but you're ok the next morning. I remember that well from my recovery phase. Great you played ball on the beach and next time maybe it won't hurt at all.

Re: playing ball on the beach

Carole C in NOLA on 10/26/03 at 12:36 (135626)

Glad your feet are feeling better! I had Achilles tendonitis too, and it is not fun. Stretching gently is absolutely vital with Achilles tendonitis.

I'm fighting the PF fear monster too, by starting with my banana trees early. You may remember that what we have to do here, is to cut them off about knee high in the winter (or they get brown and yucky). They don't look too bad, yet. Last winter, cutting off the banana trees was hard. This year, I plan to do it more gradually.

So yesterday, I cut down two of the rattiest looking ones. If I do a few every week, maybe by the time we have a freeze there won't be 50 left to chop off all at once and haul to the curb. I suppose that I could call the tree trimmer, but that would cost as much as my Balinese wood carvings.

Today I sent the remainder of my 'money from heaven' to the mortgage company, to apply to the principal. No more temptation to blow it, now.

Carole C