Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It's coming....

Posted by JudyS on 10/26/03 at 19:39 (135687)

Folks, the fire is on the ridge above us - about five miles up. (Carole, it's in the Crest area) It's growing literally by minutes. Because darkness has fallen, it's easily visable. The news stations are stretched thin in personnel so we have no idea what this fire's status is. So.....we're going to watch it for another little bit then go. We'll be out at a friend's place on the beach or in a hotel.
Isn't this amazing?

Re: Take care, Judy!

Suzanne D. on 10/26/03 at 19:41 (135688)

Be careful, Judy, and let us hear from you as soon as you can.

Again, my prayers are with you,
Suzanne [-o<

Re: It's coming....

Carole C in NOLA on 10/26/03 at 19:52 (135693)

Judy, you need to get the heck out of Dodge, in my opinion. I'm glad you are leaving in a little bit. Thanks for letting us know you are still OK.

Amazing? Yes, and terribly sad, too.

Carole C

Re: All those poor people

Carole C in NOLA on 10/26/03 at 19:59 (135694)

Crest? I remember Crest, and the Harbison Canyon area. It's on both sides of I-8, then. This is such a tragedy!!! All those poor people that have lost their homes. If any people are surrounded by flames, the firemen are probably too overwhelmed to help.

Please take care.

Carole C

JudyS on 10/26/03 at 20:02 (135695)

Wwe just got the official word to evacuate. Bye for now!

Carole C in NOLA on 10/26/03 at 20:10 (135699)

Bye! Be safe.

Carole

marie on 10/26/03 at 20:53 (135700)

Take care. Our fingers are crossed for you!

best wishes marie

Carole C in NOLA on 10/26/03 at 21:38 (135706)

We have even less idea than you do about the fire. Fox News put Geraldo Rivera on it, and he scarcely mentioned San Diego County except to say that I-15 was shut down at Mission Valley. I guess that's the fire that closed Miramar.

Maybe the 10:00 PM news on the other networks will mention the San Diego fires.

I find it ghastly that Fox goes on and on and uses valuable air time to talk about that poor woman in Florida, who is one human that might or might not die (and might not know it if she did). Meanwhile, the situation that they are not saying much about in San Diego is so very grim and could be a dire emergency, and there are at least 14 that they know about who have lost their lives in the fires.

Carole C

wendyn on 10/26/03 at 22:04 (135712)

Interesting Carole, it received pretty extensive coverage here on the 6:00 news.

Carole C in NOLA on 10/27/03 at 06:57 (135725)

Finding anything specific about San Diego's fires beyond the one AP report that I linked to, was nearly impossible last night on our network news broadcasts, Drudge, local TV news, and even the local San Diego news channel that I went to online.

For example, none of them even bothered to construct a map of San Diego County to show where within the county the fires are located and what parts of the county are endangered. Lots of pictures of fire were shown on the news, with interviews of people in other counties, but few if any facts concerning the locations of fires within San Diego county. I'll try again this morning.

Carole C

Re: more info

Carole C in NOLA on 10/27/03 at 07:09 (135726)

OK, I take it back. http://www.nbc4.tv/news/2582283/detail.html has some information about the San Diego fires.

'The fire extends to Scripps Ranch, Poway, Miramar Marine Corps Air Station, portions of Santee, Lakeside and Blossom Valley, Poway and Ramona.

Another fire near San Diego that started Sunday killed one man and destroyed 36 homes while burning through about 3,000 acres, Lora Lowes of the California Department of Forestry said. It also prompted evacuations in northeastern Escondido.

In a San Diego neighborhood on the western flank of the fire, at least 150 homes were either destroyed or damaged, San Diego police said.'

However, it doesn't bother to say WHAT San Diego neighborhood!! I hope it's not Judy's neighborhood.

None of the neighborhoods mentioned are south of I-8, though maybe Blossom Valley is because I don't remember that one. Judy is south of I-8 and last night she told us that there were fires south of I-8 near her at Crest, and some on Otay, which is way south of her.

Carole C

Re: JUDY-----MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!!!!!! (NM)

Necee on 10/27/03 at 20:38 (135800)

Necee