Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ibuprofen Creme

Posted by DonnaM on 10/26/03 at 22:21 (135713)

Hello, I tried to post this earlier and it never showed up on the board. I'm not sure as to why!

I used to post on the PF boards and read them 'religiously' as I was having so much trouble with PF. I don't know what I would have done without heelspurs.com, as the people on here were the 'only' ones that had any clue as to my pain and helped me more than the doctors I saw! Thankfully I have been 'pain free' for well over a year and I give all the credit to Birkenstocks and heelspurs.com. I still do the stretching but nothing else helped, injections, therapy, taping, etc. until I tried the Birks! I own nothing but Birks now and one pair of New Balance (1220's) and they have a Birkenstock arch support in them!!

Back to my original subject! When I used to post on here, there was a link to where you could buy the ibuprofen cream called Dolgit Creme. Now there is only a gel available. Does anyone have any idea where I can buy the Dolgit Creme? I would appreciate any info as it sure does help my arthritis!

Thanks,
DonnaM

Re: Ibuprofen Creme

Richard, C.Ped on 10/27/03 at 10:33 (135739)

It is on the 'products for sale' section.
Here is the link just in case:
https://helius.safe-order.net/cgi-heelspurs/a/b.cgi?p=gel

Richard

Mar on 10/28/03 at 07:10 (135830)

You can buy Ibuprofen cream right here on this website. They give fast delivery too! Mar

DonnaM on 10/28/03 at 13:32 (135870)

Thanks for the help, but I am really wanting to find the Dolgit Creme that is in the tube.
Donna

Pauline on 10/28/03 at 14:12 (135873)

Donna,
I believe it's still available in Germany. I purchased some the last time I was there. You might check with a German pharmacy on line if you can find one and see if they would sent it to you. I know people that have gotten eye drops this way. I'd pick a city and start checking. I won't be going back for a while or I'd offer to see if it's still available.

Perhaps we have a poster who is living in Germany who would be willing to up date us on the status of the one that you are seeking. Maybe even purchase it for you.

Scott sold that type for some time, but changed to the current one.
It could be due to an FDA regulation. I assumed it is the same product, but I could be wrong.

Pauline on 10/28/03 at 14:21 (135876)

Donna,
Here is one to start with. I don't know if they are able to mail it or not, but at least you could find out if they still carry the stuff.

I'm sure the FDA must play a role in this. I know when your there you can purchase it and bring it home, but mailing it to you may be a different story.

Our Pharmacy is located in the shopping centre of the Olympic village in Munich. It is only a few hundred meters away from the Olympiapark, with its very characteristic television tower and footbal stadium, and is located directly next to the bus- and underground station 'Olypiazentrum' (Endstation U3). Our opening hours are: Monday-Friday 8.30-18.30; Saturday 8.00-13.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Birgid Merk, Dr. Sabine Odenthal
Helene-Mayer-Ring 14
80809 München Telephone: +49 (0)89 351.90.81
Telefax: +49 (0)89 354.21.39
E-mail..: (email removed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service

In order to avoid unnecessary waiting, while your prescription is being processed, you may wish to fax it before visiting us. Our fax number is: 089-354.21.39 (+49-89-354.21.39)

DonnaM on 10/30/03 at 22:33 (136039)

Thanks so much for the help Pauline! I'll sure give it a try!
Donna

Janine F on 11/02/03 at 03:27 (136181)

hello i can't take ibuprofen or asprin what eles is there to use for the pain

Pauline on 11/02/03 at 14:12 (136199)

Janine,
There is a product called Bromelain that I used for a while. It's purchased from drug stores and health food stores. I think I found out about it from the pages of Scott's book.

It's suppose to be a natural anti-inflammatory. My own personal experience is that I think it helped me to some degree, others may not agree.

My suggestion before purchasing any medication is to research it, and talk to your doctor about it. Many people take RX drugs and need to be careful before adding OTC products.

I've found my treatment of P.F. to be a lot of trial and error. Somethings help and others didn't.

Through my 3 cases, I tried all the conservative treatments. Each time
it went away slowly, but it went away. I have never had surgery for it or ESWT.

Sometimes we become our own best expert when it comes to P.F. Scott sure has become one by providing us with such an informative web site.