Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS ON MRI

Posted by BOB KAHLER on 10/27/03 at 18:55 (135793)

CAN TTS BE DIAGNOSED OR SHOW UP ON A MRI? ALSO I HAVE PAIN ON THE INSIDE OF MY ANKLE, BUT NO NUBNESS OR TINGLING OR RADIATING PAIN. I HAVE LOCALIZED PAIN BELOW TH E ANKLE BONE IN THE SOFT TISSUE AREA? TTS OR TENDONOITS?

Re: TTS ON MRI

marie on 10/27/03 at 20:47 (135801)

Could be one or the other or both. Yes you might have to have an MRI but usually the Pod will send you for an EMG with a neurologist. A MRI can usually determine whether or not you have an obstruction that is causing tts...like blood clots or a tumor. Pain on the inside of your ankle may be tts. Do you have any swelling over the tarsal area? Are you better in the morning but feel pain in the afternoon?

Carol D on 10/28/03 at 10:46 (135854)

Hi,

My TTS was diagnosed by MRI which showed a tumor on the nerve sheath, causing obstruction. Symptoms were zapping electrical type pains (ocassionally) and hot, burning pain on ball of foot when used. I had surgery in June to remove tumor and I am doing very well. Good Luck.

BOB KAHLER on 10/29/03 at 17:57 (135973)

i have no swelling, just localized pain. i feel it much worse throughout the course of the day.

marie on 10/30/03 at 11:07 (136002)

Feeling good in the morning and worse in the evening is common with tts.

Try icing them in the evening. Many here keep a frozen bags of peas for this. Icing and rest are extremely important to recovery. Light stretching helps. Julie is a poster here who has suggested some yoga excises that we all sware by. Talk to your doc about your symptoms and keep a record of them in between visits.

Best of luck to you!

best wishes marie