Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne

Posted by Necee on 10/27/03 at 21:19 (135810)

I'm so very sorry to read about the tragedy near you.
We will never know or understand how someone could do such a horrific thing.
I will remember them in my thoughts and prayers.

Necee

Re: Suzanne

Suzanne D. on 10/27/03 at 21:25 (135812)

Thank you so much, Necee! @};- It really does mean a great deal to be able to write about something that is bothering us and know that we have friends who care and will lend an ear. That's what makes this place so special.

Just in the time since the struggles on the board, I have had a friend lose her father to cancer, another friend have complications delivering her first child, and yet another friend with whom I worked for 10 years to be diagnosed with a rare and frightening disease called polymiositis. Now this latest happening...Sometimes it seems that all you hear about is bad news!

But that's also where the board helps: I was happy reading about Carole's good luck last weekend and now to learn that Judy's home was spared. And so we share in the ups and downs of life.

Thank you all.
Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 10/28/03 at 09:47 (135847)

Suzanne,

How sad your post was down below where you said that the child came in and said that last year's teacher had been murdered. We try so hard to shelter our children from the harsh realities of life but it's impossible, isn't it? I'm glad that the son is going to make it and I hope that he has loving relatives who can take him in. Senseless tragedy.

Suzanne D. on 10/28/03 at 14:55 (135878)

You're right, Kathy: senseless is the word. I hope, too, for loving and capable relatives who will take him in.

Our much-loved assistant principal is a good example of how that can be accomplished. Both his parents died in a similar incident when he was 6. His grandmother raised him, and he began as a custodian, worked for several years, and then began taking one class each semester, until he finished college at age 30. He has taught 10 years and is now our assistant principal this year. He still lives with his grandmother and takes care of her now.

Suzanne :)