Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Speaking of babies, Richard, isn't your baby due soon?

Posted by Kathy G on 10/28/03 at 09:45 (135846)

How is your wife feeling? How are YOU feeling? When I saw the post mentioning babies, I immediately thought of you!

Re: Speaking of babies, Richard, isn't your baby due soon?

Richard, C.Ped on 10/28/03 at 12:20 (135863)

lol...thanx! Yes, we are scheduled for c-section on 11/12. Holy cow! that is right around the corner! I need more business!!! haha.

She is doing good and so am I. Our two year old says she can't wait to see him. Everything looks good. The doctor said he is healthy. The doc gave my wife a note today to say at home for the rest of the week. She only works two days a week, but they are 10 hour days. She is a nurse, so she is on her feet all day. We are going to see how that goes, and if she does not feel like going back, she will stay at home and rest until the delivery day.

Thanx for thinking of us!
Richard

Kathy G on 10/28/03 at 14:13 (135874)

November 12th is my sister's birthday (the 5th is my daughter's). Good people are born around that time!

She should rest as much as she can now as it's going to be tough to care for a two year old and an infant when she comes home. Of course, we all know that she has a wonderful husband who will help in any way he can! :D

We'll all be thinking of you and the family!

Suzanne D on 10/28/03 at 14:29 (135877)

I'll add my best wishes, too, Richard! @};-

There are several good children's picture books out there about having a new baby brother or sister. Maybe you can go to the bookstore and have one of those on hand for your daughter for when your new arrival comes home from the hospital! (You know we teachers have to get a plug in for books any chance we can!)

Suzanne :)

Aly on 10/28/03 at 15:42 (135879)

Hey Kathy,

My sister's birthday's on the 12th too. My mom's on the 13th, my other sister, the 18th. What's a poor little Taurus such as myself to do surrounded by all those Scorpios!! ;)

marie on 10/28/03 at 16:35 (135883)

Get your rest ....you'll need it. Sounds like all is going well!

best wishes marie

Necee on 10/29/03 at 01:04 (135915)

I wish you many blessings Richard!
Keep us posted.....by the way, have you picked out a name yet????

Happy trails...

Necee

Richard, C.Ped on 10/29/03 at 08:54 (135928)

Thanx all...
Everything is going well so far. We did pick out a name. It will be Alec Tillman. The 'Tillman' was my grandfathers middle name. 'Alec' is my wife's idea. She said that if we ever had a boy, she would name him after his father...........the smart alec. lol. True story.
Richard

Kathy G on 10/29/03 at 12:36 (135945)

Your wife sounds like she has a great sense of humor, Richard! That's really funny!

I gave both my children my maiden name for a middle name. There were only three of us in the family to carry on the family name and none of us kept our maiden name so it seemed like a good idea. My sisters must have thought so; they did the same with their two children.

I like the name you picked out!

Suzanne D on 10/29/03 at 15:47 (135967)

I like the name, too, Richard! I've only known of one Alec in my school. It's always nice to hear new names!

Suzanne :)

Richard, C.Ped on 10/29/03 at 16:09 (135968)

my wife did not have much sense of humor when we were thinking of names for our daughter. my last name is Graham...I suggested 'Golden'. haha
That did not go over very well.

Actually, I try to think of anything I can that would make another kid pick on their name. I shot down soooo many names until we settled on these two names (the smart alec story was true though). Example: a friend of mine just named her daughter Sadie Belle. I call her 'taco'. lol.

Richard