Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

aly: a reminder

Posted by nancy s. on 10/28/03 at 21:14 (135904)

aly, did you remember to call the new ART practitioner on monday?

you might think a person goes away and forgets, but no!

nancy

Re: aly: a reminder

Aly on 10/29/03 at 12:21 (135940)

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for remembering! :) How very thoughtful.

I didn't remember Monday, but called yesterday, and I have an appointment tomorrow evening. One good thing - it will cost $50 / session, not the $80 I'd thought... 'She' turned out to be a 'he' - he seemed nice and was also disappointed with the actions of my previous practitioner. He says he's dealt with long-term chronic PF cases, and that his most difficult case was an individual who'd been suffering for over 3 years. After several months of ART, combined with a cortisone shot from a podiatrist to get him 'over the hump', the patient was finally cured. We'll see what happens...at least I know that this guy has reasonable expectations regarding chronic PF! That's a good place to start.

:)

Aly

nancy s. on 10/29/03 at 12:31 (135942)

yes, aly, that IS a good place to start. he sounds like he could be a winner. you got an appt really quickly, which is great. keep us posted, ok?

nancy

Aly on 10/29/03 at 12:33 (135943)

I will! Thanks :)

HilaryG on 10/30/03 at 20:05 (136025)

I just read your posts and would like to hear about your appt. tonight. I hope it went well. it certainly sounds like this person has more experience with PF than that last one. Please let us know how it went. Hilary

Aly on 10/31/03 at 13:46 (136083)

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for checking in on me - the new A.R.T. doctor is much better than the first one I was seeing. He's realistic as to how long it can take to overcome PF and his 'bedside manner' is much better than the other guy, so I guess the extra money and the 40 minute drive is worth it. I feel a lot more comfortable with him already.

He said it's a positive sign that I felt some difference in the way my feet felt following my other appointments - I will keep my hopes up & stick to it for the long haul...hope springs eternal! :)

Aly

JudyS on 10/31/03 at 15:02 (136093)

Aly - it's so good to hear that you're happy with the new therapist. I hope you'll keep us posted.

HilaryG on 10/31/03 at 18:25 (136097)

Aly- I'm so glad you're going to this new provider. he sounds like a huge improvement over the last one. Please continue to keep us updated. Hilary

nancy s. on 10/31/03 at 18:59 (136100)

aly, the extra money and farther trip sound well worth it at this point! and you sound like you have perseverance, so go for it. when i started pt, i was barely walking. when i finished six months (and a great deal of massage and a number of teers) later, she had me walking on a (flat, reasonable-paced) treadmill for ten minutes, and learning to do stairs again. i hope the same or even better for you.

nancy

nancy s. on 10/31/03 at 19:01 (136101)

p.s. i misspelled 'teers' on purpose, not wanting it to read like 'tares,' which would be a disaster, of course! can't be too careful . . . or can you?

n