Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Found a good map of fire locations

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 10/28/03 at 22:20 (135911)

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/modisrr/firemaps.php?rCode=cgb

If you click on the 'jpeg image' button, you'll see a map. The yellow is previously burned areas, and the red is still burning.

If this map is right, it looks like the fire is dying out!!!! That is sure encouraging. It also looks like the fire stayed out of Judy's neighborhood.

Carole C

Re: p.s., the map should appear huge... several screens worth

Carole C in NOLA on 10/28/03 at 22:25 (135912)

P.S., if the map fits on your screen, you are looking at the small version. Pass your mouse around the map, and in the lower right corner somewhere a button will appear. Click on the button and the map will enlarge.

Re: p.s., the map should appear huge... several screens worth

Kathy G on 10/29/03 at 12:57 (135951)

Great map, Carole. Thanks. I just can't imagine what it's like out there. Hopefully, the fires will stay away from Judy's area. If they are dumping flame retardant, I wonder how that affects the wildlife, etc. That information is probably available if I turn on CNN. I just don't ever think of turning on the TV during the day. Of course, no matter how it affects wildlife, it's better than what the fire would do.