Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Welcome home, Nancy and Bev!

Posted by Kathy G on 10/29/03 at 12:55 (135950)

I knew you were away Bev but I was wondering about Nancy. Good to see both of your names.

Re: Welcome home, Nancy and Bev!

nancy s. on 10/29/03 at 13:06 (135952)

thanks, kathy -- yah, i was only on the cape but it felt like a zillion miles away. hope your arthritis is behaving; when i see you post, i take that as a good sign.

nancy

Suzanne D on 10/29/03 at 15:45 (135965)

Yes, Nancy, glad to see you back!

Suzanne :)

nancy s. on 10/30/03 at 12:26 (136004)

thanks, suzanne, it's good to be back. i'm always glad to visit my mother, but i feel like i'm age 3 while i'm there! (don't know if it's me or her.) mostly i was anxious to get back to learn how judy was doing, and was very relieved that she's safe.
good day to you! today, tomorrow, and the next day. and the day after that. and....
ok, i'm going to try a symbol here: %%-

nancy

Suzanne D. on 10/30/03 at 21:09 (136032)

I can remember feeling that way, Nancy, when I was with my mother. I loved being around her, but I always felt like a child somehow. She died 15 years ago, but I can still remember that feeling.

Now I wonder sometimes if my married daughter feels that way when she's with me!

Suzanne :)

nancy s. on 10/31/03 at 02:47 (136042)

having no children, i never thought of it that way, suzanne. but you're so respectful -- it just seems a part of your nature -- that i would bet your daughter doesn't feel that way. you'll be fine as long as you avoid things like this:

1. walking in on her while she's getting dressed.
2. never letting her finish her own sentences.
3. announcing in a baby-voice 'well there she is!' when she gets up in the morning.
4. calling her by the nickname you used when she was a toddler (in my case, 'nanny bell'! ugh).

i thought this would all improve when i finally got married at 42, and it did -- for about two weeks! oh well. she's getting quite elderly now and the habits are more ingrained, and i couldn't stand to make her unhappy over things she obviously can't change, so i don't say anything anymore. it just takes me a few days to re-orient after a visit....

nancy

JudyS on 10/31/03 at 09:23 (136054)

nancy - my mother is coming to CA on her regular decade visit (!) during the holidays - I've already started cleaning in the corners! :)
My sister and I share a joke that the first thing we clean when Mom is due is the inside rim of the washing machine - don't ask my why 'cuz I don't know! :)

Re: Nanny Bell

JudyS on 10/31/03 at 09:24 (136055)

:'> It's perfect! \:D/

Re: Nanny Bell

nancy s. on 10/31/03 at 09:51 (136056)

special for judy: :p

nancy

p.s. but ok, also: %%-