Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

clarification about some shoes...

Posted by Suzanne D. on 10/30/03 at 21:15 (136033)

I've mentioned at different times that SAS Free Time women's shoes work well for me with Superfeet inserts. I want to mention that I bought a pair made of brown suede leather, and they do not feel as supportive or comfortable as the regular leather pair I usually wear. I didn't think of it at the time I bought them, but now I can tell by pushing on the shoes that the suede leather is not nearly as firm and supportive. I will still wear them some since my PF is quite improved, but I will probably not risk wearing them all day at school on our hard concrete floors.

I thought someone who might be looking at these shoes should know the difference that the leather can make. I would certainly recommend the regular leather over the suede for anyone with PF problems.

Suzanne :)

Re: clarification about some shoes...

Carole C in NOLA on 10/30/03 at 22:07 (136038)

Thanks for the tip, Suzanne! Julie pointed out once that the material that shoes' uppers are made of can make a bigger difference than one might think. I have the black nubuck SAS Free Times, but it sounds like it might be worth trying on a pair that are regular black leather some day.

Carole C

BevN. on 10/31/03 at 08:43 (136049)

Suzanne,
Since we are talking about shoes, I want to share this in case it will help others as it has helped me. I bought the Birk's blue 'Haiti' shoes to wear for the shower. They are so soft and thick and comfortable that I wear them whenever I am at home instead of my Arizona anymore.I have less pain when wearing the Haiti as they are a softer and thicker bottom , and of course, not leather, but rubber as they are waterproof for the shower. Bev

Carole C in NOLA on 10/31/03 at 13:18 (136082)

Bev, thanks for the info! My present shower shoes are self-destructing this week, and it's time for me to buy new ones. Birkenstock Haiti sounds like a good one to consider.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 10/31/03 at 14:55 (136090)

Yes, you'll have to try them, Carole! My feet are really sensitive, but there's quite a noticeable difference to me.

My feet are TIRED and sore today, but it's Halloween, I've had a party in the classroom with about 6 parents and three younger brothers and sisters as well as the 24 very excited children! There hasn't been much 'sit-down time' today! I am looking forward to resting them tonight after the Trick-or-Treaters are gone.

Suzanne D on 10/31/03 at 14:56 (136092)

Bev, they sound COMFORTABLE! Thanks for sharing.

AngelaC on 11/01/03 at 19:13 (136157)

Bev, I have a pair of Haitis and have been reluctant to wear them in the shower because under the strap (upper?) there's a felt-like material. I was afraid the water would wreck them. But yours are OK? Angela

HilaryG on 11/01/03 at 20:04 (136158)

I too wear Birkenstock Haitis in the shower and they take awhile to dry, but they are fine and feel great. Hilary