Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RFL - Again

Posted by monte on 10/30/03 at 21:32 (136037)

Hi all....as you may know, I had RFL performed on my feet a few months back. Well, the results were pretty good...no miracle fix, but pretty good. My right heel worked out the best. I can walk and not feel pain in it. The left heel still hurts when I walk. That simply means that the point of pain was not hit....I may have missed it when I was marking the spots.

The procedure is very patient dependent...only you can feel your pain and where it is exactly.

I am going to focus on both heels this time and not worry about the arches. If I can get the left to become painfree when walking, I will be happy. I will do the right again because there are some spots that hurt when pressed.

I would love to be able to stand in one place and not feel pain...I still have that.

If all goes well...I will do it again to work on the arches.

I know I will not rid myself of all the pain, but it is like a pain pill. Takes the edge off plus more.

When you start to walk more normal due to less or no heel pain, this may help you heal because you won't try to compensate or roll your feet.

I go in on November 6th at 8:30 AM.

Once again...I will answer any questions if I can and provide all the information possible.

Wish me luck..

Monte

Re: RFL - Again

BrianJ on 10/31/03 at 08:45 (136050)

Thanks for the update, Monte. I'm glad you got some relief, and I'm sure many of us will be lining up for treatment if this latest session further decreases your pain.

Best of luck.