Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Computerized Image of Feet

Posted by Victoria on 10/31/03 at 02:39 (136041)

This Static Stance image is made using the FScan® which
is a computerized pressure sensing and analysis system. This image suggests
that this patient puts significantly more weight on her left heel.   
The Walking Clinic

Re: Computerized Image of Feet

Richard, C.Ped on 10/31/03 at 07:44 (136045)

not a fan.

Dr Kiper on 10/31/03 at 10:05 (136058)

Having performed several thousand computerized tests with the F-scan and Matscan, this evaluation of more weight on your heel is absolutely insignificant.
There is no discussion of the full balance of your foot primarily at the forefoot which holds the story of how your foot loads to the ground and how the 'ground reactive forces' under the ball of the foot play in the normal balnce. In addition at the very least, the evaluator should have identified for you your foot type classification i.e. pronator/supinator.
There is a lot more information that would have been derived at if a second test was performed using a custom (or even a generic) insert and compare the efficacy of the alignment correction.
No wonder there are not enough 'fans'.

Joe flowers on 10/31/03 at 23:24 (136116)

It,s a funny thing how the fellow in wal-marts tryed to cutt in front of me with his cart today. I Could not resist that the fact of sticking my foot out in front of the fellow and watching him take a tumble to the ground. I guess thats what he got and deserved for taking me for a fool. He may have sprained his knee, which is why I,am asking you? The poor fellow has a swollen knee and has a problem of walking could it be a knee sprain? While I did not mean no real harm to the dirtbag, while he was being macho man by picking on me,,,,would you think his sprained knee would be a second degree sprain,,,please tell me it is....

Re: Computerized Image of Feet---Just as I suspected

Victoria on 11/13/03 at 11:22 (137378)

Thanks Docs. I figured as much, which is why I posted a little something about it without saying a word for or against.

To me it seemed really obvious what the purpose is (making money) but I didn't want to come across as cynical.

Take care.