Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur swelling

Posted by LindaA on 10/31/03 at 11:04 (136070)

I had surgery on Oct. 3,2003. I had problems with my right foot swelling before the surgery. My doctor 'filed' the spur down. This is the best way I can explain it. After getting up in the AM within 30 minutes my foot is swollen to the point I cannot get a shoe on. I prop it up for several hours and the swelling will go down but once I sit with my foot on the floor it will swell up again.Pain is minimal. I have not put full weight on my foot yet. My doctor does not seem very concerned about the swelling but I am. I have been off work since the surgery but need to return soon. My job requires me to be on my feet at least 8 hours a day on a concrete floor. Do you have any suggestions for me. Is there anything I can do to relieve this swelling?

Re: heel spur swelling

BrianJ on 10/31/03 at 14:40 (136087)

Would suggest you ask your doctor about compression stockings. You'd be amazed how effective they are in reducing swelling of the lower extremeties.

Re: heel spur swelling

LindaA on 10/31/03 at 21:23 (136113)

Thank you BrianJ for responding to my question. I will definitely do so.