Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in Whole Foot

Posted by Rachael T. on 11/02/03 at 15:48 (136204)

John, I hear your pain! & I know others do too that address this PF problem daily. I know that I felt pretty hopeless along this PF journey that has lasted 2+ yrs....it will be 3 yrs. in April. Hang in there & talk to your family physician if your pod. isn't helping you enough. My fam. phys. wrote a couple of scripts for me to try that did help - & also sent me to Phys. Therapy & ordered new orthotics.....all these things did help me. Sure, I am not healed - wish I were! But, I can ride my bike, ride a horse once again, & shop some! I just 'budget' my feet & know better my limits now that the extreme pain has passed. And, yes, there are some worse days - but never as bad as they were 2 years ago! So hang in there - talk to your fam. dr. & keep doing ice therapy, massages, & non-weight bearing stretches. Good Luck...& know that someday your pain will be more manageable!

Re: Rachael

Steve G on 11/02/03 at 17:45 (136209)

Rachel - I saw you had a set back the other day; however, it sounds like things are getting better. I also bought a pair of those 'mold to the foot' orthodics that you mentioned the other day. I have not tried them out yet, but I have the box sitting here next to me. I will post a note at some point to give my opinion about 'em.

Re: Rachael

RACHAEL T. on 11/03/03 at 21:19 (136302)

Thanks Steve-I await your input & opinion on the 'self-heated/molded' orthotics. Yes, my major ouchiness has dissipated & I am back on only 800mg daily of Ibuprofin & back to action! (I am still wearing my orthotics & my Ariel Sneakers for biking & my Ariat Stable boots for barnwork.) I rode 6 miles on my bike yesterday; I biked 6 miles today again & rode my horse too!!! (Truly a great day & the feet are still good!) I could have never done this months ago; nor for the past 2+ years!! I am thankful for this recovery & yet trying to be cautious. It has been beautiful weather here & I am taking advantage of the sunshine & of my feet's recovery!! But, I continue to search for the 'perfect fit' for my feet. Seems like we are on the same wave's length for our different attempts at healing! I am anxious to hear how those molded/heated orthotics come out for you ....Let me know how you molded them & how you 'corrected' them if needed & how they feel? I await your reply.