Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain on top of the foot

Posted by Yasmin on 11/03/03 at 16:06 (136283)

Hi

I had some orthotics made in May, although I was going used to them, they still felt quite hard, and I couldn't walk long distances in them. In August, I asked my pod to put a soft cover on them to make them more comfortable. When I got them back in mid-september, and tired them on for the first time, the top of my foot started to hurt, it felt like I pulled a muscle and felt quite sore. I loosened the top of the sneaker, and it did make a difference, but I am still getting this pain form time to time. It comes and goes. I have mentioned it to my pod and she told me to give my feet time to get used to the orthotics again. But the pain is dragging me down. Now I have pain on top and bottom of my foot! Any suggestions?

Yasmin

Re: Pain on top of the foot

Julie on 11/04/03 at 01:51 (136311)

Hi Yasmin

My first thought was that the extra height in the orthotic was pressing the top of your foot against your shoe. You've thought of that, and loosened the shoe, but it may not have made enough difference. The cover may be adding more height to the orthotic than the shoe can accommodate, even when laced looser. Have you tried trying a different pair of shoes?

Yasmin on 11/04/03 at 04:01 (136313)

Hi Julie

No, I haven't tired a new shoe. I am going to buy a pair, hopefully next week and I'll see then.

Thanks

Julie on 11/04/03 at 08:17 (136323)

Good! Look for a pair with a high toe box - depths vary enormously.

Re: Re:For Julie

Yasmin on 11/04/03 at 10:27 (136344)

Hi Julie

Is it okay if I email you, I think I still have your address?

Thanks