Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good days, Bad days

Posted by Rich on 11/04/03 at 08:22 (136324)

I have been suffering from PF for 4 monthd now. Some days I think it may be getting better - walking pain seems less and there is little pain when sitting. I get very optimistic and my mood elevates. Then I wake up the next day and it hurts. It feels like it is NOT getting any better at all. I don't increase my activity or do anything different on those good days.
Is this normal? Could it mean that I may gradually healing ? Or is it some cruel aspect of this condition?

Re: Good days, Bad days

SteveG on 11/04/03 at 09:21 (136330)

I think this type of cycle is normal, at least that has been my experience

Rich on 11/04/03 at 09:26 (136333)

Steve

Can you tell me more about your situation? How long have you had PF? How is the traetment going?

Carole C in NOLA on 11/04/03 at 09:39 (136334)

Rich, one weird thing about my PF is that the effects of whatever I do, sometimes take two or three days to show up.

For example, I could over-do on Tuesday. On Wednesday I might feel great and do everything right. But then on Thursday the effects of over-doing on Tuesday might show up.

Maybe that's what's happening to you (?)

I think the key to recovering from PF for me was to identify and eliminate everything causing setbacks, until my feet could heal to a point where setbacks weren't so severe. The hard part about identifying the causes of my setbacks, was the delay between cause and effect.

Carole C

SteveG on 11/04/03 at 11:19 (136354)

Rich - I have had PF for about 2 years. I have been through the gamit - orthodics, shots, nightsplints, 2 rounds of ESWT, etc. I have what, on this board, is referred to as atypical PF i.e., I don't have first step pain and I have pain in places in addition to the heels. You received a lot of good advice to your post on the Social board. You need to get an idea of what causes you additional pain and what seems to help.

Althought I am not cured, I am definitely in better shape then I was a year ago. You need to treat this agressively at the outset so you can avoid being one of us 'old timers'. You need to also keep in mind that this can take a long time to improve; however, the vast majority of people with PF improve with the course of time.