Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by c. Nimchuk on 11/04/03 at 11:15 (136353)

I would like to know what if anything can be done to eleviate the apina associated with this. I have tried orthotics, anti-inflammatories, which I can no longer take do to stomach irritation, and icing the area. I was never even active when I got diagnosed, so I do not know how I became inflicted with the condition, but the pain is so bad I do not want to get up in the mornings. I have had xrays, which show heel spur formation in my left foot, but I have no pain there. My right foot is practically useless. Are there any doctors you could recommend in Surrey, BC Canada that REALLY know about this condition...and is there hope that it will ever go away?

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Tricia L on 11/05/03 at 15:36 (136458)

I have a spur on the back of my heel. My Dr said he would remove my tendon from my bone, remove the spur and then reattach my tendon by drilling a hole in my bone, putting some insert with spines on it to hold me tendon in place. Plus a cast for 8 weeks. Is this usual?