Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dellon and DN

Posted by Scott on 11/04/03 at 21:37 (136400)

From what I can tell, it appears that dr dellon treats diabetic neuropathy with surgery:

'diabetic neuropathy is a progressive disorder, considered irreversible with no surgical treatment available in arizona until now. a lee dellon, md, clin profess of plastic surg at u of ariz, who pioneered a new approach to treating diabetc neur, along with chris maloney,md, assist profess, now are performing and teaching the procedure'

and 'this procedure has been very successful in preventing ulceration and amputation in patients with diabetes'

he goes on to talk about nerve decompression surgery. anyone intersted can do a search with 'dellon diabetes'

Scott

Re: Dellon and DN

Lari S. on 11/05/03 at 11:06 (136437)

Thanks, Scott, I'll check it out.
Lari

Scott on 11/05/03 at 14:56 (136452)

Hi Lari,
If you do get a chance to look at it, I'd be interested to hear what you think. Thanks!
Scott

Lari S. on 11/05/03 at 19:30 (136490)

I actually tried to do a search on it earlier before I went to PT, but did not find the article you were referring to yet.
Lari

Terry D. on 11/05/03 at 20:40 (136495)

The articles are on Dr. Dellon's web page.
Terry

Lari S. on 11/06/03 at 15:26 (136573)

Scott, very interesting information on Dr. Dellon's site. It makes total sense to me. I never understood why 'diabetic neuropathy' was a 'just try and live with it' problem. The funny thing is that my husband's cousins, one a neurologist and the other an anesthesiologist, were both teachers at UTHSC and had subsequently attended a seminar on diabetics given by him in 2001. They suggested that I try and get my insurance to agree to let me go to the IPNS, as neither one felt that there was 'nothing' that could be done. Of course, my insurance disapproved the request. I just now put together the fact that that was the doc they were telling us about.
Lari