Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spurs

Posted by Robin on 11/06/03 at 13:49 (136559)

I have had both kinds of orthotics made, which are the best? I have the hard ones made by my doctor, he made a paster cast to form to my foot. I wore those before i ever developed heel spurs. Then I had the soft ones made that you step your foot into a mold. I have wore them for 6 months plus had two cortisone injections, nothing has helped. Which insoles should I wear and is there anything else that I should try? I don't want to have the surgery and my insurance will not pay for the electric shock treatments.

Help!!

Re: heel spurs

BrianJ on 11/06/03 at 15:07 (136569)

Most people seem to do best with the soft or the semi-rigid. I haven't heard from many people who swear by the hard ones. You may want to augment the orthotics by taping your feet as explained in the heel pain book.

VickieM on 11/07/03 at 05:07 (136642)

I am 40 years old and a diabetic, I have had a heart attack recently and now I am having a great deal of pain in my heal, it bothers me all day long, always when I am walking on it, and when I have my feet up I can not bear to touch it, what should I do? I have taken IB bropen for the pain, and am on a asprin regement. The Doctor will not give me cortozone shot due to the fact it will raise my blood sugar.

Aly on 11/07/03 at 15:28 (136725)

Hi Vickie,

I'm sorry you're having so many physical problems - it sounds like you have a lot to deal with right now! For your feet, try reading the Heel Pain Book that's on this site - it's got a lot of information on how to treat some of your symptoms. You should also be evaluated by a podiatrist.

Good luck to you Vickie, I hope you can find some help. %%-

Aly