Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A Translation?

Posted by Dorothy on 11/07/03 at 01:05 (136627)

Not speaking German, I did a Babelfish translation - of sorts -
It makes no sense to me, but here is what Babelfish says it means in English:
Too much and does not enough-end Wissehschaft announces here. Heinz

Is this some secret foot message? Is there some reason this is on ESWT?

Re: A Translation?

nancy s. on 11/07/03 at 01:44 (136631)

hi dorothy: thanks for the translation. i guess it IS a secret message; and who knows, with luck maybe it'll stay that way.

what is babelfish? sounds useful. do you have an address, and does it translate many languages?

nancy

Dorothy on 11/07/03 at 03:11 (136638)

It is an online translation service or program. It covers several languages - German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portugese come to mind - maybe more. Perhaps go through Google? Or just do a http://www.bablefish.com ? It has been around for a long time, in computer/internet terms. The translations are rather odd sometimes which you will know if you speak/read any of the languages. I can't say about this German one because that is a language I do not know.

Jan R. on 11/07/03 at 03:51 (136639)

May I translate it for you?

'Zuviel annonciert und nicht genügend Wissehschaft hier' means

Too many general contributions and too few scientific messages on this site.

Donald Iain Scott on 11/07/03 at 04:58 (136641)

The babelfish is from the book written by Douglas Adams 'Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy' trilogy of Four
1 The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy
2 The Restraunt at the End of the Universe
3 Life The Univeerse and Everything
4 So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

Hitch Hikers was made into a television series in the 80's by BBC UK

You put the fish in your ear and it translates spoken words
Some of the charachers are Ford Prefect, Arthur Dent, Zarfard Beeblebrock and a Robot called Marvin

Saddly Douglas Adam's passed away in early 2003 His last book is 'The Salmon of Doubt' - Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time

And yes the answer is still 42 for those who have seen the series

Donald Iain Scott
Australia

Donald Iain Scott on 11/07/03 at 05:12 (136643)

Sorry Some of my spelling was wrong

To All,
When the Earth is destroyed a Vogon Demolition Fleet to make way for a new hyperspace bypass, Arthur Dent joins his friend Ford Prefect (who turns out to be a researcher for an electronic reference guide called the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) for a galactic voyage on which they meet Zaphod Beeblebrox, a two-headed ex-President of the Galaxy, and his human companion, Trillian.

Their journey takes them from the remains of Earth to Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Based on a radio play by Douglas Adams.

Donald Iain Scott
Australia

nancy s. on 11/07/03 at 09:44 (136660)

thank you -- dorothy, jan, and donald -- for the info.

nancy

Richard, C.Ped on 11/07/03 at 10:52 (136671)

Ich wünsche ein cheesburger

nancy s. on 11/07/03 at 11:01 (136674)

let me show true genius and take a guess: you want a cheeseburger?

nancy

Dorothy on 11/07/03 at 11:55 (136688)

Or the corollaries:
I want a cheeseburger.
I once was a cheeseburger.
Icky, winchy cheeseburger.

Is 'cheesburger' German for cheeseburger?

At this moment, cheeseburger is becoming a hilarious word AND sounding really good, if you like cheesburgers. Zie du lieben sausagenburgencheesenderburger. Huh?
Ok, all of this babel is on ESWT and so I must vacate these premises with this nonsense and go have lunch....perhaps a flat round meat patty with some melted fromage on some sort of roll...

Richard, C.Ped on 11/07/03 at 14:20 (136715)

haha...
when I typed in the translation, thats what came up..'cheeseburger'.

I don't think I was once a cheeseburger...but then again...you are what you eat...lol.

BTW...I had mexican for lunch. Is a beef burrito with cheese a Mexican cheeseburger????
Richard