Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post ESWT/Night splints

Posted by cherlyn Z on 11/08/03 at 21:09 (136853)

For those of you who have been wearing night splints, how long after ESWT was it before you could survive without them. I've tried and it just seems to aggrivate my pain. I worry the whole time they are off. Sometimes I think I am emotionally addicted to them.I have been wearing them for 7 months now.:-/
Cherlyn

Re: Post ESWT/Night splints

SteveG on 11/09/03 at 00:20 (136856)

Unless they are uncomfortable, I would continue to wear them. How long ago did you have ESWT and how much improvement have you had?

Pauline on 11/09/03 at 14:14 (136874)

Some night splints offer adjustability on the angle. If your are that type you may try making small adjustments to see how your feet react.

You can obtain a similar feeling if you don't tighten the straps all the way. The splint becomes more 'sloppy' allowing your foot to return to a more normal position. You could also try this to see how it feels.

I doubt you'll harm anything by continuing to wear them and don't worry you could be addicted to worse things:* Eventually you'll feel more comfortable as you confidence grows and your pain lessens.

cherlyn Z on 11/10/03 at 13:19 (136959)

Steve, I had ESWT on Oct. 17th and have had significant improvement so far. Each day my feet seem to improve. I am very careful what I do as when I overdo they feel it. I never go barefoot except in the shower. The heating pad has really helped. I no longer need pain meds of any kind unless I overdo it. I am optimistic that over the next several months I will continue to heal and go back to a normal life.
Cherlyn

Re: What heating pad?

Rick B on 11/22/03 at 22:13 (138413)

Cherlyn,

Can you talk a little about your 'heating pad?' Thanks.
Rick B