Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PAIN ALL THE TIME

Posted by Michael K on 11/10/03 at 11:06 (136948)

Hello I may have PF the bottom of my feet hurt all the time day and night only the intensity of the pain changes. Is this normal for PF?? Anyone else out there in this much pain if so what do you do for the pain?? Thanks

Re: PAIN ALL THE TIME

BrianJ on 11/10/03 at 11:15 (136949)

Hi Michael --

Yes, some of us experience pain virtually all the time just like you do. Trial and error is the only way to determine what works for you. Try icing, hot water soaks and taping if you're looking for short-term relief. Read the heel pain book if you want more detail.

Michael K on 11/10/03 at 11:24 (136950)

Hello I want to add to my original post that I have been in this contant pain now for a year and does anyone take any pain medication for there pain if so what medication did or are you trying. Thanks, Michael

Paula G. on 11/10/03 at 15:27 (136968)

Michael, I know the doctor's didn't really seem convinced of my constant pain. I tried everything, from night splints to orthotics. When I finally had surgery, the doctor found nerve entrapment too! I cannot say I am sorry I had surgery. My feet are still in pain most of the time, but better than before surgery.
I have tried many medications and have been taking Mobic now and it really has helped me. Surgery is a last resort and I don't tell people to have that but after suffering 3 years I was so depressed..

Rose on 11/11/03 at 12:22 (137058)

I had severe pain too and tried everything mentioned on this board plus acupuncture and chiropractors. I finally had the surgery in July and it has done the trick! I am little or no pain all of the time. There is only a little pain if I abuse my feet. I take no pain medication. The surgery waws so worth it to me. I expect to be fully healed within several more months being able to return to full time exercise. So there is always that option if all else fails. I just recommend that you plan to rest your feet for a long time for good healing. I took it very slow and it worked.

Re: WHAT IS MOBIC???

Michael K on 11/12/03 at 15:17 (137260)

Hello just curious what is Mobic? Thanks, Michael