Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fascitis

Posted by HARRY on 11/10/03 at 18:12 (136989)

What can I do to alleviate the pain in my front arches and balls of my feet? I have tried several expensive and inexpensive supports, but the pain comes back eventually. Since doing a lot of walking on a three day trip to NY in August, my feet have had frequent pain and throbing in the balls of my feet and front arches. I've tried ice, heat, ultrasound, rolling a golf ball,and massage therapy, but the pain always returns. Does ESWT work for my problem?

Re: plantar fascitis in serious athletics, and surgery options

Richard, C.Ped on 10/27/03 at 10:28 (135737)

Randle,
The majority of our business is athletes, from middle school to professional. The thing with PF is that you have to get down to the nitty gritty and figure out exactly what is causing the PF. PF is a stress and over use injury. It can come about by a number of things. Your gait as well as stance has to be looked a very carefully. A properly made orthosis, along with different modifications...if you need it....usually helps.
Richard