Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ongoing plantar fascitis

Posted by Martin A on 11/11/03 at 14:16 (137070)

For more than 31 weeks, I have experienced severeheel panin inspite of the fact that I have addressed all of the various treatments. I have stretched, iced, changed shoes, inserts,ultrasound,friction massage therapy daily for 2 weeks,ultra sound, massage, bio freezing lotions, taping,l ortizon injection.
I still can hardly walk. I live in south Florida but am available to go to NY or NJ. Is there a doctor you can recommend that specializes in this specifically?

Re: ongoing plantar fascitis

SteveG on 11/11/03 at 16:09 (137085)

Martin - it sounds like you might be a candidate for ESWT. Has you pod discussed this with you?

Rachael T. on 11/11/03 at 16:59 (137104)

Steve G - & others too....yes, I went out today & bought the SOLE orthotics that are heatable/mold to your feet......I am wondering if you tried yours yet, Steve? I will let you know how they do as I am wearing them now as I type & I am hopeful that they continue to take me to a better healing level!

Steve G on 11/11/03 at 17:33 (137112)

Rachael - I have been wearing my SOLE orthodics on and off for the past few days. They have a similiar feel to my custom orthodics. I seem to be changing shoes everytime I turn around lately. I would definitely recommend them to someone who could not afford custom orthodics. I see that Dr. Wanderer also gave them the thumbs up in a recent post. Be sure and follow the directions i.e., stand up straight when you first put them on.