Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Twenty years of Achilles tendinits

Posted by David D. on 11/11/03 at 23:02 (137179)

I'm 44 years old and have suffered with a guess achilles tendinits since I was in high school. When I'm just walking its not to bad, I suppose I've gotten used to it over the years. But I love sports, mainly basketball. I just cant hardly do it for the pain. Ive been to 3 different podiatrist, and have gotten three different diagnoses. One said that I had giant bone spurs rubbing on the back of my tendons, another said that I had achilles tendinits, and the other said that I had achilles tendinits with calcification of the tendon. The third on I think is the closest. I've been reading all that I can about Eswt and am wondering if there is any hope. I just cant imagine life without basketball.
Thanks David D.

Re: Twenty years of Achilles tendinits

Dr. Z on 11/12/03 at 02:49 (137192)

Hi David

Our group Excellence Shockwave Therapy has been using ESWT for over four years for chronic insertional achillest tendonitis with or without bone spurs. If you would like our information about this revolutionary procedure feel free to contact DR. Z at (email removed) Feel free to ask any questions