Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SOLE ORTH...Steve

Posted by Rachael T. on 11/12/03 at 11:14 (137227)

In your last post, Steve, you said you were changing shoes often--is that because you have returned to extreme pain? Do you think pain was elevated due to your home-made SOLE orthosis? Or, extended activity, or otherwise? My pain level is still minimal & I think I am doing alot of activities presently & 'testing' my feet. But, ~ I made the SOLE orthotics yest. evening - & wore them in house last nite for a while - they felt comfy...moreso than most of my customs. So I am hopeful and yes, I stood squarely as directions advised & I waited the 4 min. standing & not moving in them while they 'molded.' Then, I took them off to let them & the shoes cool--as I didn't want to walk in them & break them down more while they were still warm, from a particularly bad way of walking habit....once they cooled, then, hrs. later, I wore them......today, they're on & I am off to the beauty salon so it will be an easy day for my feet as I sit & get hair done - I am going to break them in slowly but they actually feel like I could wear them w/o a breakin time. I shall post you & others on their 'effects!'

Re: SOLE ORTH...Steve

SteveG on 11/12/03 at 11:42 (137231)

Rachael - no I am just changing shoes and trying different things out. My pain level is pretty good these days. I leaned forward when they were 'molding' to my feet, so at some point I will re-heat them and follow the approach you have outlined.

Aly on 11/12/03 at 11:54 (137234)

Thanks for posting on the Sole orthotics - I'm considering getting a pair. Do keep us posted! :)

monte on 11/12/03 at 15:56 (137269)

Hi All

Glad these insoles are geting some exposure. I think I introduced them here about 6 months ago. I have about 4 pair of these and they felt good. I now have custom ones....but i really like the SOLES alot. I stockpiled a few to use down the road. A good test of an over the counter orthotic is to see if you can bend it from toe to heel. A foam cushion will easily do that....these don't. Even my doctor thought they were OK>

Hope they work for all.

P.S. As far as my RFL treatments....I will be posting more in another day or so. From what I can tell....I think it did what it is supposed to do. THere was a very painful spot under my right heel that made me jump when pressed. I could not find it last night. I will test my feet again tonight ....hope I still can't find it

Thanks
Monte

nancy s. on 11/12/03 at 16:03 (137271)

sounding good, marty.... i hope you can't find it either!

nancy

nancy s. on 11/12/03 at 16:04 (137272)

whoops -- monte! my brain went on a picnic for a second there.