Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Taping, ESWT, and Atypical PF

Posted by RodneyW on 11/12/03 at 18:03 (137284)

has anyone with Atypical PF, that is no first step pain, had success with taping? or with ESWT or anything else?

Re: Taping, ESWT, and Atypical PF

SteveG on 11/12/03 at 18:40 (137287)

The amount of success you will get with ESWT depends largely on how much of the pain is in the heel, since that is the area that they treat. I have found taping to be somewhat helpful, but not a lot.

R C on 11/12/03 at 23:28 (137329)

I had much success with tape. My PF was atypical in many ways (sudden onset, no morning pain).

Rick R on 11/13/03 at 06:47 (137351)

Rodney,

Although, my PF onset was in the 'typical' class, after many years it morphed into atypical. When I have a flare up now it's after a long day on my feet or after exerting myself without proper precautions, one of which is tape. Once I have a flare up, on goes the tape, and the pain rapidly is improved. It also plays a major prevention role (no pun intended) in prevention. If I know I'm facing a long day on the old dogs, I tape up and I'll be fine. I have no experience with EWST, so no help on that front.

Rick

Mar on 11/14/03 at 07:51 (137476)

I tried taping on 3 different occasions and each time it increased the pain dramatically. ESWT twice -- no help. My pain is in the entire heel area of both feet. Mar

Aly on 11/14/03 at 13:29 (137503)

It looks like I'm not able to tolerate taping either...I've tried several different ways now and all increase my pain. Weird..