Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SOLE ORTHOTICS - Steve G. & others too

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 11/12/03 at 20:00 (137302)

OK - of course, the longterm jury is still out for reporting on SOLE orthotics that I used last nite & again today. I had a light day at the beauty salon; but then, I went to the barn & as you all know from past posts, walking in the indoor riding arena where the floor is covered with sawdust is tuff for me ... this has always been a difficult walk or stand for me thruout the past 2+ yrs. of PF. Today, after wearing SOLE inserts in my BROOKS ARIELS thru the day - I fit them into my Ariat Riding/Work Boots; & yes, they fit great in them!! I walked around in the barn for about 2 hours on that sawdust bedded riding arena & on the cement & brick aisleway (both areas have been trouble for me in the past) & I rode 1 horse tonight - now, it is nearing 9pm& my feet are feeling fine still - & I took NO anti inflamm. today!!! Of course, this isn't a long term report - that will follow in a week & then, again in a month to inform you all.....but truly, these orthotics felt much more natural & comfy to me today than ANYthing I've worn thus far. I shall continue to remain optimistic & hopeful that they will take me up - another level in healing!!!

Re: SOLE ORTHOTICS - Steve G. & others too

SteveG on 11/13/03 at 15:55 (137416)

Rachael - I did not stand up straight when I put them on, and they don't fit quite as well as my custom orthodics. I think I will re-heat 'em tonight and have another go at it.

I am happy you are noticing as much improvement as you are. Keep at it!

Dorothy on 11/13/03 at 17:44 (137421)

After Rachel's good responses about the SOLE, I did a search for their website, found it and watched their little video about molding the insoles. SteveG, what you are saying happened is one of the questions I had about that process - what happens if you don't get it molded just right; what happens if you take too long - whatever that might be - getting them into the shoes and getting your feet into the shoes. Sometimes doing that can take some of us a little while! Also, the website says that with each re-heating, the product degrades a bit more, making getting it right even more high-pressure. Hey, what can I say - I have said it before: I am a worry wort!

Rachel, SteveG, Aly - do you all have the regular or the ultra?? (Aly, I know you don't have yours yet but did you order one or the other or both?)
Rachel's experience has me very interested in these, but I have tried so many things and I am getting very tired - and broke - about this. I know they are just about $40.00 but 40 here, 40 there on top of all of the other foot-expenses, these feet are like the Paul Simon song, 'Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes' - and they still don't want to work well.
Well, thanks for any info. It's all helpful to us seekers.

Re: Dorothy

Steve G on 11/13/03 at 18:43 (137426)

Dorothy - I would not worry about it. Just have the shoes ready when you take the sole out of the oven, put it (them) in the shoe, and put your feet in the shoe. I was just not real good about reading the directions. The directions (if you are wise enough to read them) make the proceed clear.

Re: Dorothy

Dorothy on 11/13/03 at 20:14 (137442)

Ooooookay - but I'm tellin' you, if it can be messed up, I will find a way to mess it up! The problem is: I THINK too much.
Thanks though.

Aly on 11/14/03 at 08:50 (137479)

Hi Dorothy!

I ordered the Ultra ones - I want as much cushion for my sore footies as I can get!!

Aly

RACHAEL T. on 11/14/03 at 11:36 (137492)

I had those same 'worrying thoughts' about heating & fitting in a short span of time, Dorothy. But, it went smoothly - no problem & I am sure you won't have any problem either. Ok--it has been another day or so of weartime w/ these SOLE orth.....I, unfortunately - had to do a 400mg ibup. at noon today as I felt like my 'fascia at the ball of my foot & otherwise was moving around too much on this softer orthotic.' My feet are strange as I am sure you all agree on that about your PF feet too.... it seems like I cannot do 'softness' for long durations & yet, these aren't real cushy - but they are more cushy & nicer feeling than my prescribed orthotics - & at times, I feel like these prescribed orthotics due to their hardness make my feet tender, sensitive, & sore from wearing...So, I guess that is why I go back & forth from soft to hard!! I feel like Goldilocks having to make sure everything is just right! But, I know you all understand what I am saying. Anyway, the SOLES are still in my BROOKS & I am ok yet & I am hopeful about my feelings that the fascia is moving too much are is that I am unused to them being 'on their own' this much & maybe they need to be working a bit on their own rather than being held in place so firmly.....which at times seems to hurt them also! ???? I have no firm answers - but yet, I feel these SOLE orth. are worthwhile to continue to wear for a few weeks to see the longer term outcome. At this point, it is just fascia soreness - no heelpain has returned. Also, 1-400mg Ibup. is not much, even if it is daily considering that I used to max them out daily for the past 2 years....more wearing days will tell & then, I shall further advise.

Dorothy on 11/14/03 at 15:00 (137515)

Rachel T. ~ Thanks for the information; I appreciate it and am following your progress (and hoping it's good). Did you get the 'regular' or 'Ultra' SOLE?

Dorothy on 11/14/03 at 15:17 (137518)

That's what I was thinking, too. I sure hope they are good for you, Aly.
I'm going to take a look at them at a store as soon as I can get to one, about an hour-plus away.

RACHAEL T. on 11/14/03 at 21:18 (137557)

I ordered the ultra - & tonight as I post, I am still 'happy footing it!' That 1-400mg. ibup. did the trick for me today at noon. Then, at 3pm, I biked 6 miles on a bike trail w/ SOLEs in my Brooks & wearing Thorlo sox... & tonight, I wore the SOLEs in my Ariat Boots with Hanes cheapy sox while in the barn for about 2 hrs. Tomorrow (Sat.) I am in the barn in the afternoon for a couple of hours.....I remain optimistic & hopeful - for me & for all of you who try these too!