Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Baby update

Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 11/13/03 at 12:24 (137388)

Well, we had a 7.5 pound, 22' long baby boy delivered yesterday. Mom is recovering extremely well. Baby though, well, he has a little fluid in his lungs causing him to breath hard and fast. Mom and I were only able to hold him ten minutes each last night. This morning though, the x-ray showed less fluid and we were able to hold him about an hour until the doctor wanted to check him out.

Everyone seems encouraged, so I know it will all work out fine.

Otherwise, the delivery went well. I am a little tired though since we did not get much sleep with the nurses in and out of the room every two hours or so. I am at the office right now helping out. My mother in law will be bringing my daughter over soon, and I am going to spend the rest of the day with her.

Just wanted to give an update. I will keep you guys informed. We would though, appreciate any prayers for a quick recovery for him.

Re: Baby update

dave r on 11/13/03 at 12:31 (137390)

Congradulations Richard!!!!

Rick R on 11/13/03 at 12:36 (137391)

Congratulations!! Way to go. Sounds like a long and lean one. I'll be praying for the little guy. How are his feet?

Aly on 11/13/03 at 12:45 (137393)

Congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy! :) It must have been upsetting to see him breathing like that, but I'm sure he'll be fine. God bless.

JudyS on 11/13/03 at 12:57 (137398)

Richard - NOT to worry! A little fluid in the lungs of a newborn is not extremely unusual. He is a healthy size and may have injested it during delivery.
And good for you - a strong little son! We're already referring to him as 'Golden' so you may as well get used to it :)
Now it's important for you and the mrs. to get some rest - circle the wagons for awhile and keep your family close.

Richard, C.Ped on 11/13/03 at 13:05 (137400)

Thanx guys! That is much appreciated.

Thanks for the information Judy...that helps me feel better.

I guess he is 'golden' and my daughter is 'honey'...haha

Dorothy on 11/13/03 at 14:27 (137405)

Prayers are happening as you requested! Congratulations!

Greetings to the new little biped and welcome to the world - we hope you will always find it wonderful and your little feet will lead to everything good...

Suzanne D on 11/13/03 at 14:58 (137409)

Congratulations to you, Richard, and I certainly will keep your new little son in my prayers. [-o<

Suzanne :)

Pauline on 11/13/03 at 15:24 (137412)

Congratulations to the entire Richard C. Ped. family. Everyone plays an
important role in a new babies arrival. You all deserve big hugs for jobs well done.

Necee on 11/13/03 at 15:54 (137415)

Congratulations Richard !!
I wish you and your growing family all the best.
That new son is awefully lucky to have parents like ya'll.
I'll be praying for you.

Carole C in NOLA on 11/13/03 at 16:38 (137418)

Congratulations, Richard! What a tall baby. It sounds like he's already getting better quickly, but I'll add my sincere hopes that he's all better very soon.

Glad to hear that your wife is doing well! Now, be sure to get some sleep when you can.

I'm so happy for you and your family..

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 11/13/03 at 16:42 (137419)

Judy, I never heard that expression before but I love it! 'Circle the wagons' is just perfect for the family of a new baby while they get to know one another, bond, and sleep when they can.

Carole C

BevN. on 11/13/03 at 18:30 (137422)

Richard & Family ,
Congratulations on your precious son :) Of course he is in my prayers , and so is your family. Get some well needed rest , you will need it when mom and son come home :) Such a blessed event :x Bev

Lari S. on 11/13/03 at 18:47 (137427)

Congratulations to you and your family. I'm sure the fluid problem will be cleared up in no time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

marie on 11/13/03 at 18:58 (137430)

CONGRATULATIONS! You have my prayers for your little boy. [-o<

What's his name? Does he like cheese yet? ;)

best wishes marie

wendyn on 11/13/03 at 20:33 (137445)

nancy s. on 11/13/03 at 23:35 (137465)

richard, i'm late, but let me add my hearty hopes and congratulations on the birth of your new son. if you refuse to name him 'golden,' i hope you pick something cheesy.

Re: Hi Dad!

Julie on 11/14/03 at 02:23 (137467)

Congratulations, Richard, and all the very best to you and your wife and both kids. Enjoy!

Re: Hi Dad!

Kathy G on 11/14/03 at 07:47 (137474)

Welcome to the world, Alec!

Sorry, I can't remember his middle name but I know it's a family name. I believe the poor child will be forever called 'Golden' on these pages!

I hope the fluid problem clears up quickly, Richard. Take it easy and enjoy some special down time with your daughter!