Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Stomach Ploblems and Medcine

Posted by Gail M on 11/15/03 at 02:14 (137573)

if you have a bleeding ulser can you still use the cream? I had to stop the oral medicine because it put me in the hospital and they had to give me 3 pints of blood. the pain is much worse and I have to take care of my mother who is having surgery Wednesday and my husband has a degenerate disease. The pain is really getting bad. My doctor has me doing exercizes and using foot suports and pads. Thank you for your help

Re: Stomach Ploblems and Medcine

BrianG on 11/15/03 at 09:07 (137578)

Hi Gail,

Have you thought about seeing a pain management clinic, or doc? They can prescribe pain meds that do not contain any stomach irritants. Oxycodone is one that comes to mind. It is pretty much a pure opiate. When taking these meds, for chronic pain, under a doctors orders, there is less than 5% addiction. The doctor will slowly bring you up to a level that will help your pain. When no longer needed, he will slowley bring you back down. It can give you your life back !!!

Regards
BrianG, not a doc

PS: I hope one of the Pods can answer your question about the creams.