Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ball of the foot

Posted by Ellyn E on 11/15/03 at 04:49 (137576)

I have pain in the ball of my foot. It reaches into my toes. It burns and makes it difficult to walk. What is wrong? I took a walk about 6 months ago and was not wearing proper shoes...thongs. After the walk I noticed that the ball of my foot was hurting. It has not diminished in pain since then. It has increased. What is it and what can I do?

Thank you

Re: ball of the foot

Dr. David S. Wander on 11/16/03 at 15:41 (137652)

I hate to be a wise guy, but I just can't resist. Feet don't have balls,...the area you refer to is the head of your metatarsal bones. The pain you describe can be a 'neuroma' or several other conditions. No doctor on this board can make an accurate diagnosis without an examination. I strongly suggest that you make an appointment to have a proper evaluation and examination, then you can ask members of this board for advice once you've obtained a diagnosis. You are doing yourself a dis-service by asking for a diagnosis without having an exam.