Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z, 1 year for pain relief ?

Posted by BrianG on 11/15/03 at 09:30 (137579)

Hi Dr. Z,

I wasn't aware that the FDA had come out with any findings that said pain relief could take up to a year, after ESWT treatment. I know that I've been in touch with a couple prestigious European doctors. Both advised me that I should wait one year after my first Dornier treatment, as it could take that long for all of the healing to be completed. I did wait the year, before seeing your for my 2nd treatments. Unfortunatly I'm still in that pertcentage that ESWT hasn't helped, but I find it interesting that the FDA has come out with these new findings. Do you know where they got their data?

Regards
BrianG

Re: Dr. Z, 1 year for pain relief ?

Dr. Z on 11/15/03 at 11:04 (137581)

Hi
It is the one year Dornier FDA follow up for the patient that were involved in the PMA for dornier. The FDA study stopped at 12 weeks but Dornier followed both the treated and those that converted to treatment that had the sham
The study didn't allow patients such as yourself to be involved due to either previoius surgery such as yourself or any patients with atypical pf.
This data was published. I believe it is in the heel spur search engine . I have a copy if you e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)